MVS 4 Slot Hardware

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have a 4 slot that I need hardware for, all the hardware is missing, and I need to put it back together for a Big Red. I'm not sure what size hardware I need, it seems like the lenght of the spacers, or hex fixtures needs to be 5/8", but I'm not sure of the thread, perhaps 6/32?

If someone could fill me in on the parts I need, I see Jameco has lost of parts, but I'm confused on the sizes of all this parts.

Thanks in advance, you guys never let me down in the past, and I hope I can make you shine once more!

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
heh, the rest of the world uses metric threads (and you should too...). MVS spacers have a 3mm thread and are 16mm long so you need M3x16mm spacers. Good luck finding them in america.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
ACE hardware /truevalue hardware stores carry a very good selection of metric sqrews/nuts in usa.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MKL said:
heh, the rest of the world uses metric threads (and you should too...). MVS spacers have a 3mm thread and are 16mm long so you need M3x16mm spacers. Good luck finding them in america.
Thanks for the advice. Don't be so angst boyo!, I know of metric myself, I was in SA Colombia most of my life, so I know of metric, but I was in an American hardware site, thus I need american sizes, but I'll try to convert what you gave me.

Thanks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
werejag said:
ACE hardware /truevalue hardware stores carry a very good selection of metric sqrews/nuts in usa.
I'll check the one around my home.

Off the subject...Hey! Did you ever made up your mind as what you'd like to change to the PS marquee? I can help you if you tell me what you want to see in it.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yes kind of but i need to scan in some source material thats why i haven't gotten back to you

Last edited:
L

Lipeiro

4 slot base?

I bought a neogeo cabinet with metalslugX, but when 2 players are playing sometims I get the felling it has little brakes, like slowing down the frames jus a bit. Do you know why this happens ? Maybe the hardware is not so good.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
The slowdown is completely normal.

If you think X is bad, try metal slug 2.:lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK back to the topic at hand, I need some help with the hardware I need (Bolts and nuts, and feet) to put a 4 slot together, I'm trying to look through Jameco, if someone knows, could you please help me out?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
OK back to the topic at hand, I need some help with the hardware I need (Bolts and nuts, and feet) to put a 4 slot together, I'm trying to look through Jameco, if someone knows, could you please help me out?

Correct me if I'm wrong but arcade PCB feet always have a metric thread (M3) so if you get inch-threaded spacers (what jameco stocks) they won't fit the feets.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
The slowdown is completely normal.

If you think X is bad, try metal slug 2.:lolz:

see my sig for a solution :).

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
i'm looking for the same, my 4 slot just has a limited amount of hardware and i'd like to complete it.

http://www.keyelco.com/products/sprod09.asp?CategoryID=11

this might help on the spacers (i don't have one in front of me so i can't verify my current spacer lengths), i've looked in ace hardwares and other local shops and haven't been able to find correct lengths for most of the metric stuff.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
jonny419 said:
i'm looking for the same, my 4 slot just has a limited amount of hardware and i'd like to complete it.

http://www.keyelco.com/products/sprod09.asp?CategoryID=11

this might help on the spacers (i don't have one in front of me so i can't verify my current spacer lengths), i've looked in ace hardwares and other local shops and haven't been able to find correct lengths for most of the metric stuff.
You are the man! That's what I'm talking about!

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
haha ok, let me know what the costs were shipped to you when you find out. i figured i'd just order 10 or so and not worry about it anymore.