Maximum Impact Regulation A Hits Arcades in July

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
'SNK Playmore announced its new arcade game King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A in Japan in July 2007, the game will have 39 playable characters.'.

Source = Magicbox.

So there you have it.

Anyone know what hardware this is going to run on?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Wiki When in Doubt.

it is scheduled for release in 2007 for the Taito Type-X2 arcade system. It is the first arcade release made for the KOF: MI series and has the inclusion of Ash Crimson and Blue Mary into its character roster. A remake of Maximum impact II but with the classic 3 on 3 game play from the 2D KOF series as well in hopes of winning over the series fanbase as well as new characters. However Armor Ralf is removed in exchange for Ash Crimson much to the delight of KOF fans in general.

Basically Max Impact 2 but with 3 on 3 only and they have added Ash and Blue Mary.

Edit: also says this on Wiki LoL - The development is having some setbacks due to "lack of talent"

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
This is great. I've been waiting my entire life for this game.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
Edit: also says this on Wiki LoL - The development is having some setbacks due to "lack of talent"

roflcake

... wasn't me .. honest :)

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
An "update" of a terrible game still equates to a terrible game.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
soulthug said:
An "update" of a terrible game still equates to a terrible game.

I hope you are saying this based on actual time spent *playing* the game in single and VS, and not just following kernow's footsteps of regularly condemning a game without even touching it.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Max Impact 2 is very good actually, fuck everyone who goes on about it not being as good as the 2D games and its broken and stuff.

IMO it plays fast and damn fun! Yeah its not tourney level ( fuck not many fighters are these days ) but who gives a fuck, still a damn good 2D/3D fighter.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
I hope you are saying this based on actual time spent *playing* the game in single and VS, and not just following kernow's footsteps of regularly condemning a game without even touching it.
no, no, i played it for hours.

It's a turd.

I might give #2 a go, but i don't expect anything, maybe it'll surprise me.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Noone is claiming KOF: MI 1 was any good. It was a decent 3D attempt at KOF at best.

MI 2 is a much better game on all levels and I expect it become better with this arcade remix, so I'm definately looking forward to playing this at an arcade or owing the eventual PS2 (im)port as they said they are adding moves, new characters, fine tuning engine etc etc.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
soulthug said:
no, no, i played it for hours.

It's a turd.

I might give #2 a go, but i don't expect anything, maybe it'll surprise me.

So you didn't play the game after all. :lolz:

MI2 is much better than MI was. It still has its share of flaws though, and hopefully these will be fixed for Regulation A.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
manly_pirate said:
Fuck the haters, MI rocks!

...Until you learn how it plays and/or play people who know how it plays and learn how broken it truly is.

I suppose if you play alone or with a few friends, and none of you are serious about fighters, it might be pretty enjoyable.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I'll be the first to admit MI2 is broken, but it's still a fun game to play with friends.

But I'd hate to see it in high-level play. :oh_no:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
MI1 was in no way a great game, I liked it as an honest attempt though.
MI2 is a different story, the game was actually really well put together and I loved it. They really fixed a lot of the bad issues and made a game that with proper play testing could become a tourney game. I think MI2 is incredibly fun, and is great because of its smaller learning curve. I'm interested to see if this game does get proper play testing, unlike a certain SVC chaos

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
YO-YO-Boy said:

I've never played the MI games b/c I don't care for 3D fighters except for VF and Soul Cali, but seriously, if that's "high level" play in MI..lol.

That looks boring as hell, and completely uninspired. Looks like all the early 3D fighting games on the PSX/Saturn/64.

I'm not bashing it since I've never played it, but I am saying that it looks awful, and I would probably never bother to play that when there are so many games around that I've still yet to play that actually look fun.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Why the heck are we making such a fuzz about an arcade that has 0% chances of coming to the states anyway?

Although, since there's going to be a PS2 port, and since we know how SNKP-USA are about its 3D fighters...

Maybe we DO need the fuzz after all...

BTW, don't tell me XII is going to appear in this arcade board too?

El Cernex

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Hmmm... MI is broken; god knows the neo had that ultra high standards for games.

People forget that even counting the "broken" fighters, about 65-75% of the neo's games were mediocre and below. The highs were really incredibly high, the lows were really low, but most of the library hovers around below average and SHIT.