I know about the ROTD fix but, any for Matri?

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
There seems to be about a million threads for ROTD fix but non out there for Matrimelee. I know that this game will have problems with my Mv1fs. I tried ROTD on my board and it had the reset problem, and i can only assume that Matri will do the same. Has any one found a fix or a bios that will help with this game? I am planning getting this game and i would like to know my options before i open a can of worms with this issue.

Thanks

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
From what i have read the game has the same reset problem as rotd on a 1 slot board. Some one please let me know if im mistaken.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Where did you read that? I've never had a problem with mine and never hear of it and neither has the inventor of the Unibios, Raz.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
If you try and search "Matrimelee problem" or "1 slot problems" the reset issue comes up in a few threads with this game. I did mention i am running off a MV1FS. I would just like to know that if i get this game with a unibios i wont run into a constant reset issue like ROTD. Now i know the cart was not constructed by the same company, so i guess that helps and its not a cart issue. I am just really confused.:loco:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The whole issue that was with certain games was they needed to update their bios and when peolpe did the problem went away. Is there a reason why you still havent gotten a unibios?

The only problem I ever has with Matrimelee was that it sucked.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Xian Xi said:
The whole issue that was with certain games was they needed to update their bios and when peolpe did the problem went away. Is there a reason why you still havent gotten a unibios?

The only problem I ever has with Matrimelee was that it sucked.

Really just havent wanted to get it yet, right now im trying to get the mvs carts i want. I have been reading up on building a supergun so when ever i get to building it, i will 100% need one. Thanks for the info.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Demitri1983 said:
Really just havent wanted to get it yet, right now im trying to get the mvs carts i want. I have been reading up on building a supergun so when ever i get to building it, i will 100% need one. Thanks for the info.

Sorry if I read it wrong but why would you need a unibios when building a supergun?

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Xian Xi said:
Sorry if I read it wrong but why would you need a unibios when building a supergun?

The way im going to be building it, is basicly going to be a one slot board in a custom case. The contruction format will be more like a super gun using a jamma harnes. There seems to be more reading material on super guns then consolizing. I seem to understand the supergun aspect better. The unibios would give me all the extra options and give it that consol feel.:)

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Demitri1983 said:
The way im going to be building it, is basicly going to be a one slot board in a custom case. The contruction format will be more like a super gun using a jamma harnes. There seems to be more reading material on super guns then consolizing. I seem to understand the supergun aspect better. The unibios would give me all the extra options and give it that consol feel.:)
The only real difference between common consolization and using a jamma harness is this: You tap the solder points on the jamma connector instead of actually connecting a harness to it. There really is no big difference. You should be easily able to understand both if you can do one. There are other places on the board you can tap in if you know what you're doing, but you don't have to.

I don't know if there really is any reset problem with Matrimelee. I haven't heard much about it, just ROTD. It's true that the games themselves are extremely similar, but I don't know of it having the same manufacturing mistake.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I was just curious if anyone knew about a UniBios error I'm getting with Matrimelee.

I'm running it on an AES with a UniBios 2.0, and Matrimelee frequently freezes and crashes at random. When I used the game with my old unmodded AES, it ran normally.

Has this been fixed in later UniBios releases?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Zenimus said:
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I was just curious if anyone knew about a UniBios error I'm getting with Matrimelee.

I'm running it on an AES with a UniBios 2.0, and Matrimelee frequently freezes and crashes at random. When I used the game with my old unmodded AES, it ran normally.

Has this been fixed in later UniBios releases?
Unless that's a known problem with older versions of the Unibios, I would say that might not be the Unibios causing the problem. Often the Unibios spits out an error screen when something is going wrong with the game or hardware (or you just hit a bug in the game or bios). Try cleaning the game and resetting the MVS internal memory.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Xian Xi said:
The whole issue that was with certain games was they needed to update their bios and when peolpe did the problem went away.
Wait, are you saying installing a Unibios allows even the older 1-slot boards to play the "problematic" newer games with no problems? I thought it was something else this whole time. If that's how it is, I might have to start looking for a 1-slot to consolize, just for grins.