Card Fighter Clash For DS Ships

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Surprised nothing was posted on this (in the general news section). I'm sure it won't hit retailers near me until Friday at the earliest, but I'll be checking it out.

Michael Meyers
Michael Meyers Public Relations
925-551-8080
michael@mmpr.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SNK and CAPCOM Collide on Nintendo DS™
SNK VS.CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS Ships to Retailers
Wall, NJ – April 25, 2007 – SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the U.S. publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, today announced that SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS for the Nintendo DS™ is shipping to retailers nationwide.

With an array of favorite SNK and CAPCOM characters, and engaging card-battle gameplay, SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS infuses the winning formula of the original SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS’ CLASH for NEOGEO POCKET COLOR with updated graphics, an expanded card library and touch-screen capability. Two single-player campaigns, one SNK and one CAPCOM, are included, as well as an ad-hoc wireless multiplayer mode.

SNK. VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS was chosen as a May 2007 “Editor’s Pick” by Tips & Tricks magazine, and named “Game of the Month” by NewTypeUSA in April 2007. According to Kevin Gifford of NewTypeUSA, “My entire summer of 2000 was spent linking up with people for multi-player card battles – and with Cardfighters DS finally in my sweaty hands, I can feel those days coming back to me once more.” Chris Bieniek of Tips & Tricks said SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS offers “the same kind of long-lasting, engaging gameplay” as the popular NEOGEO CARD FIGHTERS game, and Geson Hatchett of Hardcore Gamer Magazine hailed the return of “the card fighting game that claimed dozens of social lives

About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION
Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (SNK) develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1978, SNK is one of the largest privately held interactive entertainment content providers in the world. Known for such franchises as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, METAL SLUG, and SAMURAI SHODOWN SNK continues to be an industry leader by focusing on their rich arcade history. More information on SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION can be found at www.snkplaymore.co.jp SNK PLAYMORE USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION with offices in Wall, NJ. It handles operations in North America including publishing, marketing, development and localization. More information on SNK PLAYMORE USA can be found at www.snkplaymoreusa.com

© SNK PLAYMORE 2006 ©MOTO KIKAKU. ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2006 ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. "SNK" is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION. "CAPCOM" is a registered trademark of CAPCOM CO., LTD. "SNK vs. CAPCOM CARD FIGHTERS DS" is developed by SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION under license from CAPCOM CO., LTD and CAPCOM U.S.A., INC.

###

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Don't be surprised, there's stuff posted on it in the Handhelds forum ;)

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Best bets in the US would be discounters (Target, WalMart). Specialty retailers typically don't get units for several days after the larger stores.

I haven't seen it yet, but I anticipate that I'll be picking it up next week. The originals were classics (as if I have to tell anyone here that).

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
My EB Games here said it should have been in yesterday, but I didn't have time to go get my reserved copy. Should be getting it today. I will post. BTW EB Games/Gamestop says they base the amount of copies they order per store on the number of pre-orders. The GM over most of the Nashville stores said that number of copies ordered are based on pre-orders to determine popularity. So based on that, he said some of his stores aren't even getting copies, and ones that are getting copies are only getting about two. I wouldn't count on finding it in any retail store such as Target, Walmart, considering even EB/Gamestop is barely carrying any at all.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
caleb1883 said:
The GM over most of the Nashville stores said that number of copies ordered are based on pre-orders to determine popularity. So based on that, he said some of his stores aren't even getting copies, and ones that are getting copies are only getting about two. I wouldn't count on finding it in any retail store such as Target, Walmart, considering even EB/Gamestop is barely carrying any at all.

My Gamestop only had 2 to sell and 1 copy from my pre-order. I was just happy I pre-ordered mine. I can see this game getting a very limited release. There's not a high demand for it in the first place. It's a very enjoyable game. IMO, it's SvC CFDS is gonna be one of those DS hidden gems. Only drawback, is that there's no Wi-Fi. :(

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Got my copy. This game definitely won't be held onto for the single player mode, that's for sure. So far, it's pretty boring, but the card battles are okay. Haven't had much experience with the originals, so I'm not sure how well it stacks up to it, but it's easy enough to get into. It'll really be worth it to play some peeps who have it, too.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Freaking SNKP. They delay the shipment of this game for months, making all of us think they are going to add wi-fi. Wrong, I now realize the dumbasses were either trying to compete with Pokemon, or they didn't realize Pokemon was coming out this week. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I go to EB games a day AFTER it supposed to have arrived, and they say that in the two days I had last visited the store, SNK pushed the ship date back and my game MAYBE in today, three days after the original ship date. SNKP either realized they accidently were releasing it with Pokemon, or decided they couldn't compete with it, and caused all of us who laid our money down in advance to show up and be pissed off. Techinically, this is a delay of a delayed ship date. It's bad enought they delayed all the way till the end of April, and then they delay it again at the last minute. And for what? No damn good reason. Do they think pushing a few days off Pokemon is going improve their sales. WRONG. I went to a very good private business school, and everything SNKP does is textbook wrong. They needed to add wi-fi, if they wanted to improve sales. Who the hell wants to play this game by themselves. I hope this game doesn't sell more than 1000 copies, and I become the owner of a rare collectible in the DS library.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I picked up Pokemon instead. I was so pissed at the crap SNK is pulling that I'll let my reserved copy sit there for awhile while I figure if it's worth picking up. From what I'm hearing it's kind of lame.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah, unfortunately the reviews so far have not been stellar. Retronauts podcast indicated that the originals were better.

:(

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
link to podcast?

ya i heard bad things too

if you play any1 with a half a brain and they go 1st ur toast!:help:

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
It was a brief aside mention, I think towards the start of the podcast (probably what you've been playing). The overall topic was Diablo, which is off-topic.

Next week they are scheduled to discuss Neo Geo, and hopefully they'll do some research before then (they couldn't remember whether Neo Geo had four buttons or six this week...not a good sign).

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect...o.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/Retronauts/042607.mp3

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
FalcomAdol said:
Next week they are scheduled to discuss Neo Geo, and hopefully they'll do some research before then (they couldn't remember whether Neo Geo had four buttons or six this week...not a good sign).

LOL!!!
If they can't even remember whether or not a Neo Geo controller had 4 or 6 buttons, that already discredits them on any Neo Geo discussion regardless of how much homework they may do within the next week. There's enough uneducated reviewers out there who will badmouth a title without any real rhyme or reason... why listen to another? :oh_no:

Last edited:

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Don't get me started. Their Master System podcast was a complete fucking joke.

As a person who actually owned one...*shakes head*

But I'll probably listen anyway.