SvC Card Fighters Project is now OPEN

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Not official SNK news but...
I've been talking about it for years and for a while did have a website up. Now with the release of the new SvC CFDS I've gotten around to redesigning the cards so that you can print them and play the card game the way card games are suposed to be played. Though I'm only partially finished with the cards that I'm going to be doing I have been working on it for the past month every day.
I intend to be finished with all the cards in at least 3 months since I'm doing this all on my own.
I found a great cheap web host. So come check things out. I will be adding quite a bit more to the site but I wanted to get it up on the net to see if anyone is even interested in this project anymore. If not then why bother even doing it anymore. I spend a minimum of 3 hrs a day working on this and up to 7 hours at the most.

Come check it out
http://cardfighterproject.com/
And please if you like it help spread the word on it. Hopefully by the end of Spring it will be complete. But I know since I'm picking up the DS game tomorrow things might slow down a bit.

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty ambitious project mate. Def. want to check it out. One thing though... your website doesn't seem to be working ATM.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Sorry error in the link I posted. It's fixed now.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Very cool. The cards look great.
I think the cards would also look cool if the sprites/graphics were not upscaled and smoothed out. That way they they will look all pixelly (thats how I like them:lolz: ). IMO

Ill be sure to check out the site often. GREAT WORK.

Flavor

Saver,
Tehcno said:
Not official SNK news but...
I've been talking about it for years and for a while did have a website up. Now with the release of the new SvC CFDS I've gotten around to redesigning the cards so that you can print them and play the card game the way card games are suposed to be played.

I think I've seen this project before. Are you the guy that started doing this quite a few years back? I don't recall the username, but I do recall e-mailing.

Anyway, cool project.

In similar news, a guy contacted me and has added all the CFC1 cards to Apprentice so that CFC1 can be played online. He needs to fix a few minor details before a "release," but I haven't heard back from him in a couple weeks.

Flavor

Saver,
Also, I should add that some of the links on the site are messed up.

They're like
file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner.Thor/Desktop/SvC%20CFProject/capcom2.html
when they should be
http://cardfighterproject.com/capcom2.html

That means, it'll probablly look right to you since you can get to that file, but the rest of us can't.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yup it's me again Flavor... I finally decided on a look that I like and decided to put the money where my mouth is and give money to a reliable host and force my self to get this done. Oh and thanks looks like I missed that one there were a few links like that mostly with the cards but I'll get that one fixed and look over the rest of them again.
By the way what is this Apprentice thing?

Shadowfamicom - yeah originally that's what I did was have them all pixelated but it really looked bat at 300dpi so I set it to smooth the pixels they look even better after it's printed off.

Flavor

Saver,
Tehcno said:
Yup it's me again Flavor... I finally decided on a look that I like and decided to put the money where my mouth is and give money to a reliable host and force my self to get this done. Oh and thanks looks like I missed that one there were a few links like that mostly with the cards but I'll get that one fixed and look over the rest of them again.
By the way what is this Apprentice thing?

It's excellent that you're back on the project after all this time!

Here's some info about Apprentice.
http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/NGPC/CFCApprentice/
It was originally set up for playing Magic: The Gathering online. It gives you a tabletop and some virtual cards. It doesn't keep score or rules or anything.

Years ago, I started to set it up for CFC, but I didn't ever enter all the cards. Recently, a guy contacted me and said he had all the cards entered, but he needed a bit of help. In fact, he sent me all the data, too. I told him how to fix his issues, but it requires a small edit to each card. It really wouldn't take all that long, but I dunno if he did it or not. I guess I could do it, but I feel like it's his project.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Hmmm.... sound familiar. Maybe you told me about this before in one of the old posts about CVS :lolz: I bookmarked that page though. Looks interesting but I don't know anyone that would play online. Have you tried this before? How well does it work?

Flavor

Saver,
Well, way back in the day, I used it for M:TG. Though, I've never actually used it for CFC. I guess I can't comment.

Though, one cool thing that it will do (once it's completed which is minimal effort) is to do sealed-deck generation. So, you could say, I want a random deck of SNK and my opponent gets a random deck of CAPCOM. You get the idea. You could play randomly generated decks or user-made ones. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can also get a bunch of random cards and make a deck out of 'em.

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
This is a great looking project. I also would prefer if the sprites weren't anti-aliased. It would be far cooler to have the natural pixelation to them.

Flavor

Saver,
Another heads-up about your HTML.

file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner.Thor/Desktop/SvC%20CFProject/buttonGames.png

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Damn Flav thanks yet again.
So Here is the difference for those of you interested. I guess since I've only got about 70 cards done right now it would not be hard to go back and change if I had to but here you go.
CapcomCard.jpg
TC001.jpg

Of course these are low quality JPGs just so you can get the idea.

Last edited:

Flavor

Saver,
I'll register a vote for the one on the right (or bottom depending on your browser width).

Though, I'm not sure it's worth re-doing 'em all if that pushes you back a lot. I'd say worry about the unfinished cards first and then re-do others later, if they nee re-doing..

Last edited:

RyanDG

n00b
This is great stuff. I never played the original game, but I did pick up the DS game this past week. I love the cards as well.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
your on insertcredit.com top of page.........:buttrock:

"The Card Fighters Project is an attempt to make a real, playable version of the Neo Geo Pocket classic SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash (a new version of which just shipped for the DS). The cards this fellow has made are printable and of moderately good quality. Right now he's got the rules section up, and a number of Capcom cards done. His SNK section only has Terry so far, and there are no actions or reactions yet. But the project is certainly interesting, so go give it a look - might encourage him to speed up work on the project! Thanks to flavor for the link - he's the guy who brought us this CFC computer matching thing, way back when."

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
shadowfamicom said:
your on insertcredit.com top of page.........:buttrock:

"The Card Fighters Project is an attempt to make a real, playable version of the Neo Geo Pocket classic SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash (a new version of which just shipped for the DS). The cards this fellow has made are printable and of moderately good quality. Right now he's got the rules section up, and a number of Capcom cards done. His SNK section only has Terry so far, and there are no actions or reactions yet. But the project is certainly interesting, so go give it a look - might encourage him to speed up work on the project! Thanks to flavor for the link - he's the guy who brought us this CFC computer matching thing, way back when."
Yeah I noticed that from my web stats looks like Flavor gave that info to them because his name is listed as the source to the page.
Thanx Flave

Flavor

Saver,
Tehcno said:
Yeah I noticed that from my web stats looks like Flavor gave that info to them because his name is listed as the source to the page.
Thanx Flave

Yeah, he frequents a forum that I posted on. I wondered if the info would make it to InsertCredit.com, but that wasn't my intention when I posted.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
You got my vote on this one. This is not only a great project but a fantastic one. The demand to be able to play a real CCG, over here, of the game, is pretty great. At least for all the fans of the NGPC version. Especially if it plays kind of like CFC1 or CFC2 (I did like the simple introduction of counter cards). Keeping it easy and quick to play is what will make it that much easier for people to just break out cards and start playing.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Oh yeah I'm basing it off of SVC CF2 and I'm also thinking about throwing in some custom rules as well that will get away from the limitations of the NGPC games but at the same time staying true to the game. (Unlike the DS game) But I'm still enjoying the DS game it's just not as good.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Ok I've converted them over to the retro look now. I'll now be continuing as normal.