TSS Boot?? and stupid f'n 20 characters

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
IMO, both labels on box and cart are reprints.
That makes it suspicious but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a boot.
The only way to tell is to open it up...

SSS

neo retired
ask the seller to send you photos of the pcbs, next to the casing.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Playstation-3-PS2-System-Console-Mystery-Auction_W0QQitemZ130104178708QQihZ003QQcategoryZ102534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:spock:

BTW, she's a member here: "Little Lady"

She alienated herself after she insulted everyone on the forums with this winning post:

Little Lady said:
Damn video game nerds think they know everything. Well screw you virgin video game losers. I'll never post on this site again.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2215471&postcount=9

Last edited:

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
I'd bet the mini marquee is a reprint also. She was trying to sell them for $10/ea at one time.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I looked at this auction as well. She refers to it as a MVS Copy of Twinkle Star Sprites, which could mean it is Twinkle Star Sprites, or a Copy of one. I would guess the second.

She was a member here and sells lots of fake MM. So I would guess her carts may be boots as well.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Those labels aren't even good fakes.

But, could just be a relabeled Japanese cart.

You just can't tell, you need PCB pics.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Its fake, dont buy her shit!!!!!!! I bought one :crying:

Oh dont worry Im gonna screw her with a paypal dispute, if I dont get my money fully refunded.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
So,I take it either someone offered her something for the TSS or reported her.

The auctions been ended..

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
I told her it was fake, I had emailed her and asked her to sell it outright. She said she had 2 copies, no problem so I purchased one of them. She replied (to me telling her they were boots) by telling me she would refund me my money, and that she did not know the difference. I'm still leary and I'll let y'all know when/if she refunds me my money.

Thats probably why she ended the auctions

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
N80G80 said:
I told her it was fake, I had emailed her and asked her to sell it outright. She said she had 2 copies, no problem so I purchased one of them. She replied (to me telling her they were boots) by telling me she would refund me my money, and that she did not know the difference. I'm still leary and I'll let y'all know when/if she refunds me my money.

Thats probably why she ended the auctions

Cool,lmk..

Did the game work.?.....did you take any board pics,I'd like to see what the boot boards looked like....... and are you sending it back to her for the refund?................=she'll probably wind up selling it again though..

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
reposted with this note:

***This item is a relist. Sorry to all those who were following this auction the first time. I recently purchased a huge game lot and it turns out some of the mvs titles in the lot are not originals. I canceled this item because I learned that this one is not an original kit. So please keep that in mind when bidding. Thanks and I now can tell the real items from ones that are not and will make sure to make that clear in all of my future listings***

asianxcore

n00b
I will be a new Supergun owner in about 2 weeks. I'm new the world of MVS gaming.

Should I steer clear of Ebay in general for MVS carts? Without pictures of the guts, does it make it hard to tell what is a boot and what isn't.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
asianxcore said:
Should I steer clear of Ebay in general for MVS carts? Without pictures of the guts, does it make it hard to tell what is a boot and what isn't.
I wouldn't say steer clear, but you should be extremely careful. As you've mentioned, you really need to see the guts to tell if something's legit, or not. You'll develop a sense for bootlegs after a while. (Booty sense?)

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
RocketLawnChair said:
I wouldn't say steer clear, but you should be extremely careful. As you've mentioned, you really need to see the guts to tell if something's legit, or not. You'll develop a sense for bootlegs after a while. (Booty sense?)

Booty sense indeed.

I too have developed an eye for a good booty.

:eye: :eye:

bamarquez226

Crossed Swords Squire
asianxcore said:
I will be a new Supergun owner in about 2 weeks. I'm new the world of MVS gaming.

After digging around this forum for a while, you'll come across ebay seller names who have sold legit carts to fellow users on this forum. Better to buy from a reputable seller here first, and if you have to, brave the Ebay. Just my $.02