Art of Fighting Anthology for the Nintendo Wii

RyanDG

n00b
I posted this on my site, but thought you guys would like to see it as well...

http://arcaderenaissance.blogspot.com/2007/04/art-of-fighting-anthology-for-wii.html

"After SNK Playmore USA's president Ben Herman sat down with IGN, several little tidbits of information were revealed that seemed to hint towards new Wii projects similar in scope to Metal Slug Anthology. Art of Fighting Anthology has been announced for US release as a Playstation 2 project for a few months now, but fighting game fans on other platforms can be satisfied in knowing that it will also be finding home on the Nintendo Wii.

The ESRB's ratings website has recently updated their entry for the Art of Fighting Anthology (due for release in the US on the Playstation 2 in May), and it now includes the Nintendo Wii under available platforms.

No further information has been provided at this time.

For those unfamiliar for the way the ESRB handles its reviews, for a game to be rated, a full version of the title must be submitted to the ESRB. It is a great source to find information on upcoming releases and previously unannounced projects (such as this one). I'll keep you updated if we hear word on a tentative release date."

It does kind of make you wonder with the potential VC releases in the future if we are going to start to see the other anthologies that SNK Playmore USA are starting to bring over (finally) for the Playstation 2 on the Nintendo Wii as well.

Seems to be potentially double selling their potential market.

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
I hope this will come!
Very cool to play AoF on PSP :mr_t:

Art-of-Fighting-Anthology-PS2-logo.gif

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I love the AOF games, but AOF2 was just too hard :blow_top:

RyanDG

n00b
muffinman943 said:
hold up, I am a bit puzzled.. This is a retail release on a disc, and not a VC release.. correct?

Yep. Retail release on a disc. It's the same game the PS2 received in Japan last year.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
I'll buy it as soon as it is released. 'Nuff said.

El Cernex

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
if its as "great" as metal slug was, count me out.

metal slug anthology for the wii is the single worst port snk has done.

throw on top of that the lack of 480p.:oh_no:

KOSBRAVESHIYUU

Mr. Big's Thug
What's up with SNK & Nintendo all of a sudden.First Metal Slug Anthology,then this.O well Art of Fighting 1 & 2 suck anyway.The 3rd one isn't bad but not really worth playing.Can't Wait for Fatal Fury Collection though.

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I actually only like the 3rd one, the first two are crap :D anyway, I wish they'd just release it for GC instead of Wii since Wii can play it too. (yes, I have a Wii also, but the controls suck cause you have to be within a couple of metres from the TV)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
zhulien said:
I actually only like the 3rd one, the first two are crap :D anyway, I wish they'd just release it for GC instead of Wii since Wii can play it too. (yes, I have a Wii also, but the controls suck cause you have to be within a couple of metres from the TV)

Thank you!

I will say, however, that I love AOF2 when it first came out. I was floored by the graphics. I mean, WOW. The only one that's playable now, is AOF3... and that's a stretch since it plays like a very limited 3D fighter. Amazing animation and graphics, but that only gets you so far.

I want to see a Fatal Fury compilation, personally. FF Special, Real Bout 2 and MOTW on one game just blows my mind.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I have never had problems playing any of the AOF games.

They always have been easily playable to me, and I think I have some standards in fighting games.

Learning how the games played helped obviously, because AOF works differently than other fighters mainly due to the taunt button taking up the 'D' button which throws everyone off.

That and the difficulty only attracts the hardcore crowd I guess.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
not sonic said:
if its as "great" as metal slug was, count me out.

metal slug anthology for the wii is the single worst port snk has done.

throw on top of that the lack of 480p.:oh_no:
Aye.

Making a throwing motion with the Wiimote to throw a grenade is the single gayest thing ever.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Art of Fighting Collection is a dream come true.. just 10 years too late.

All three games are wonderful. I love the artwork and characters.

The compelation will be worth it for Art of Figthing 1 alone. The game pretty much defines the neogeo for me. Huge character art, beautiful stages, strange fun gameplay and unique controls.

I think it's great this compelation is coming together. I just wish I had this when I was younger and couldn't afford the neo games.