Good Times, Good Stuff

Had a hit of nostalgia a few months back and i looked into picking up a Neo-Geo, something i could never afford as a kid. After snooping around some i stumbled upon the site and am happy i did. Helped me make some informed purchases and have an idea of what stuff sells for. I can't believe there was such a huge Neo-Geo community that i had no idea about right underneath my nose. Good to see i'm not one of the only ones who remembers the old days of 24-Bit Goodness heh. :buttrock:

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Good to have you Paul :).

Hows my old converter working for you?

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
I'm starting to think that these older games like the neo will rebound in the near future if not already. The reason is there can only be so many games before its all been done before. Its kinda like movies. Theres not been a movie in many years that i wanted to go see, they've all been done before imo. So consoles like the neo that catered to quick (suck you in and give me your quarters) gaming will imo gain popularity again and again. Anyhow its good to have you aboard :)

garbage2.0

n00b
Hey everyone,

sorry about interfering like this, I apologize

maybe it's just me but I couldn't figure out how to start a thread

which I would figure would be the same way on any forum, it seems I am not authorized or something.

I was member on this forum a few years back, and still an avid neo-geo follower although I have been out of the loop for quite sometime haha

I currently have a makeshift home studio, where I produce what I'd like to call
"music" but yet that term is not as precise as it used to be

I play the synthesizer, and I have had a stint with acting as well as painting

I am only sixteen but I learned about the neo young, and I am very very happy to announce it still is "top dog" for me in everything gaming

I apologize again

and by the way welcome Paul, atleast your not as lost as I am :lolz:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
garbage2.0 said:
Hey everyone,

which I would figure would be the same way on any forum, it seems I am not authorized or something.

I was member on this forum a few years back, and still an avid neo-geo follower although I have been out of the loop for quite sometime haha

I am only sixteen but I learned about the neo young, and I am very very happy to announce it still is "top dog" for me in everything gaming

I apologize again

you are like a crap version of me

:crying:

:spock:

:tickled:

:eye: :eye:

PS: Wilkommen

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Indeed, i'm an overactive underachieving 16 year old, that spends all his time playing gay old neo geo games, making crap guitar sounds (i can't afford a Korg :crying: ), drawing stuff (apparently i'm quite good, i somehow fell into art college because of it) and listening to gaytastic musicstuffs. The thing we mismatch on is the acting, replace the word acting with "hanging around the drama studio where the hot bitches at" and we're square.

Life is good, my american parallel. :cool:

garbage2.0

n00b
haha

yeah I'd hardly call it "acting" but I see your point..

hey man atleast you know how to play the guitar

my neo-geo doesn't even work anymore (I don't think)

gah

68k said:
Good to have you Paul :).

Hows my old converter working for you?

Thanks for the welcome. It's working like a charm. :D I'm putting it through it's paces just about everyday now.

xmods said:
I'm starting to think that these older games like the neo will rebound in the near future if not already. The reason is there can only be so many games before its all been done before. Its kinda like movies. Theres not been a movie in many years that i wanted to go see, they've all been done before imo. So consoles like the neo that catered to quick (suck you in and give me your quarters) gaming will imo gain popularity again and again. Anyhow its good to have you aboard :)

To tell you the truth watching some of the newer Godzilla movies are what pushed me over the edge into picking up an AES. Watching them reminded me of the good times i had playing KOTM 1 and 2 at my local arcade. There was no stopping it from there.

Damn, I remember when the system first came out i was trying so hard to find a way to save up $600.00+ to pick one up, of course the fact that the games cost $200.00+ really meant that was a near impossibilty for a 12 year old. Even worse there were so many good SNES games coming out at the time.

garbage2.0 said:
Hey everyone,

I apologize again

Thanks for hijacking my thread. :envy:

J/K thanks for the welcome and welcome back. :D

garbage2.0

n00b
haha thank you thank you

I just wish I was able to post topics

is there a reason why it's disabled for me?

bah

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
This is my favorite im new post in a long time.This is how it is suppesed to be done.

You guys will do great here already getting into the drama with the light banter and saying old games still rule at the same time.:crying: Ah memories.

Pennies for Pounds
I would say the reason the neo and older classic game mediums will always come back into style because all the new games are graphics and shock value oriented.While the old greats are all about the story playability fun value.

P.S.S. Graphic Whores Suck.Oh and welcome indeed.