Neo Geo On The Virtual Console...

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Nah. I might but I doubt I will I'd rather buy an aes (or play ports on 360 and PS2/3) or for that matter you could use emulators (gametap or freebies)

Ok I am probably asking to be flamed, but isnt Virtual Console = Emulation? If I wanted emulation, I would play the ROMZ on my computer.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
i would like to play neo geo games on wii. infact i'm using it to type this now.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Nostromo said:
Ok I am probably asking to be flamed, but isnt Virtual Console = Emulation? If I wanted emulation, I would play the ROMZ on my computer.

I think the idea is nice, but the games are too expensive. Half the price for each would be OK. And maybe they should give games away as promotion, when you buy Metroid Prime 3 you get Super Metroid or something like this.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Vlad said:
Old news.

ZOMG he posted something somewan esle poasted....

TEH THERED POCILZ...

:shame:

SSS

neo retired
Crossed swords with remote/nunchuck support would be a fun little gimmick.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Ethics and legality aside, this is going to be a hard, hard sell given the ready availability of freeware emulators and ROM downloads. Then again, the Wii may have a large enough installed base of virtual console users to make it a success. Time will tell.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Don't expect anything more than basic emulation and nothing recent. Stuff like Nam 1975, Baseball Stars, etc.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
the only way i might get attracted to these games is if an arcade stick gets released for the wii.

Only then will i have some interest. at this poing there's no real reason for me to get excited about these news.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Paying for ROMZ

lol

It wouldn't be so bad if they were trying to rob us by charging a 5 dollar minimum.

I honestly thought Nintendo was going to be fair about it for once by charging a buck-a-game.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
jeff bogard said:
the only way i might get attracted to these games is if an arcade stick gets released for the wii.

Only then will i have some interest. at this poing there's no real reason for me to get excited about these news.

A series of "exact" replica retro controllers would sweeten the deal. That combined with a realistic pricing structure for the emulated games themselves.

Rade K

20 Year Member
DolphinLord said:
A series of "exact" replica retro controllers would sweeten the deal. .

Yes - and you would still have to attach them to the goddamn remote for whatever reason.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
maybe we are getting ahead of ourselves with the price issue, I could see, within 8 months the price of neo geo games plummeting. They just have to make up the licensing cost and then it should level out.

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Using the Neo Geo Virtual Console is like using MAME on the Wii. Most likely that they won't release any recent fighting game out for it at first. They'll released the older games like NAM, Magician Lord, Fatal Fury.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Jedah Doma said:
Expensive and no online. No thanks.

Setsuna1982 said:
just like the original neogeo

Actually, not like the original, because there isn't a decent controller made to play the games with, and your not paying for hardware, your paying for roms. So to make it worth anyone's purchase, they should have a decent arcade stick made, and they should support online play, because no one wants to play at home alone, they want to play for the competition.

Jedite said:
Using the Neo Geo Virtual Console is like using MAME on the Wii. Most likely that they won't release any recent fighting game out for it at first. They'll released the older games like NAM, Magician Lord, Fatal Fury.

Yes your right, because the company is not going to canabilize the sales of their recent software releases of game collections. I would say anything on their collections will not see a Virtual Console release anytime soon, because SNKP wants to sell all the copies of MS Anthology and others, and then when sales of those dwindle they will give a "new" VC release. You never know though, they might get greedy and stupid and just release them on the VC and try to sell them any way they could. From a business standpoint, that would be dumb, but we all know SNKP doesn't always make the best decisions.

Last edited:

GCrusher

n00b
Reading online somewhere, the price point for Neo Geo games on the Wii is $1 above the SNES games on the Virtual Console. Neo Geo Virtual Console games will be $9 each. Games will be released a minimum of 2 per month.

Personally, I like the idea and am looking forward to being able to download some of the games, but like many others have already expressed, I would like a nice arcade style stick to play the fighters. I'm sure it's just a manner of time before a good arcade stick is made available to the general public.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Personally, I feel like this is a way that SNK/Neo Geo fans could show some support for them. I heard somewhere that part of the reason the old SNK went bankrupt was that their games were being dumped and emulated? If that is true, then I think it's not asking too much to buy some of those roms on the VC. The price, which is a little more than SNES roms, isn't that bad imo.

Rade K

20 Year Member
bemanicho1 said:
Personally, I feel like this is a way that SNK/Neo Geo fans could show some support for them. I heard somewhere that part of the reason the old SNK went bankrupt was that their games were being dumped and emulated? If that is true, then I think it's not asking too much to buy some of those roms on the VC. The price, which is a little more than SNES roms, isn't that bad imo.

Snk went bankrupt because of bad business practices - not piracy.