fernandez in waku 7

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i'm getting a bit better at this game.
managed to get up to fernandez on one credit on level 4 but i can't beat this poxy bugger !!
anyone got any tips to beat this foooo
ta
oh yeah i'm using rai

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
it really depends on luck. Fernandez is beatable, but ONLY IF HE LETS YOU BEAT HIM.

I mean, when Fernandez gets his groove on, you're fucked.

So keep trying. Eventually he'll buckle under.

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
damn
that's the only thing i hate about snk fighting games. :mad:
you breeze through the game only to get owned by the boss
it is satisfying when you beat them tho
ducking and blocking and waiting for him to attack seems to be working most as you can get a nice combo i when he does the run towards you. a few streetfighter 2 heavy flying kick to heavy kick sweep seems to work a bit as well

<small>[ May 05, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: prinsecharles ]</small>

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
He can be a bit tricky, but overall isn't that tough.

I find that hanging back a full screen away then waiting for him to rush at you is the best method.

Let him come to you, then hit him with a projectile or long ranged attack. Once you hit him simply dash back, and give it another shot.

It isn't a fool proof method, but I can pull off a win with any character a good 90% of the time.

Or if you want an almost certain victory, just use that method with Mauru, but instead of using regular attacks nail him with your HaraHara move. It comes out quick, hits hard, it's easy to abuse if timed right, and since Fernandez is such a big target, it's pretty easy to connect with.

<small>[ May 05, 2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Average Joe:
Or if you want an almost certain victory, just use that method with Mauru, but instead of using regular attacks nail him with your HaraHara move. It comes out quick, hits hard, it's easy to abuse if timed right, and since Fernandez is such a big target, it's pretty easy to connect with.
hmm i'd thought it would be possible with the cheapness of that attack.
cheap pink bugger shame

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
prinsecharles:
Average Joe:
hmm i'd thought it would be possible with the cheapness of that attack.
cheap pink bugger shame
It is uber cheap, especially against Fernandez.

If you knock him down and time that attack right you can hit him just as he gets up and he'll never be able to avoid it.

Granted it is cheap, but sometimes you have to fight cheap with cheap.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Actually, just practice more... Once you master the Doki Doki and other attacks you can lay him to waste easily. Running kicks can really do some damage too and send him over to the other side of the screen... Which, if he then tries his ball attack gives you enough time to run up and wallop him again. You need to be fast to fight him, I find sitting there blocking gets my butt kissed or me eaten wink

-Nick

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i've worked out the doki doki moves for rai.
got to learn to put them into my battles without getting leathered now!

eight one

Igniz's Servent
You're using Rai? Inazuma Cannon until your heart's content.

(Strategy works great for Politank Z.)

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Hello,

I tend to get in tight on use low kick attacks. When Fernandez looks like he's going to pounce get out to the otherside of the screen and fly a kick at him. This usually counters his move.

Hope this helps,