Neo Turf Masters..What character do you use?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Neo Turf Masters..What character do you use?

I got this game today(MVS)and I think it's awesome..

I have the soft dip settings on level 2..

How do you have yours set up..?
Should I set the level higher?
What character do you use..and do you change clubs or use what club is in hand?

What's your high score..?
I don't know anything about Golf so I don't understand the scoring..
Someone please explain the scoring system to me.

Have you ever played this in an Arcade?
I never seen it myself.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Usually Robert Landdort, the shot maker, or Thomas Stewart, the technician.

Stewart is fucking awesome, despite the fact he looks like a total nerd.

The way golf works is that you have a difficulty for each hole. Usually it goes from 3 to 5. So a shot with a par of 3, as you probably understand now, means you need to clear the hole in 3 shots or less to get a decent marking.

your score at the end is how many stokes over par total accumulated. A score of -12 means that after all the holes, you managed to get the ball in 12 strokes under what was expected. Of course, in real life, do not expect this. If you can get a -12 then I encourage you to call Nike immediately and discuss sponsorship.

So anyhow, back to the game. Yes, I change clubs. Often, I'll bring a club up in power because I know that the wind will knock the ball short. If you're in a spot like a bunker, you might definitely want to increase your club power. In real life, you'd probably stick to your sand wedge because you know that a well placed shot will go far enough. Not the case in BTG.

Regardless of that, the game is awesome. Much easier on my left hand than the real thing.

<small>[ May 03, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: EvilWasabi ]</small>

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've played this once and I thought it was class. I used Fernando Almeida because I have a friend names Fernando Almeida. He is Portuguese. I guess it is a common name.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
The Bill Gates guy is my favorite, although he can be a disadvantage on some courses where those extra 20 yards do matter....

I like the real thing too, so this is definitly one of my favorite games ever.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I usually use George Spiner { the all around guy } and I play it on 4 or 5 usually. I have played this game on a few different occasions in the arcades and loved it since it was new.

Im a big fan of the Golden Tee games as well and I am currently entertaining the idea of picking a Golden Tee 99 cab up from a friend, If the price is right ?
But I have to say I do like NTM a bit more than golden Tee play wise. I too play a bit in the real world and Im a totall landscaper , LOL

Just call me Woodmaster/DivotMaster or King of the 3 Iron. lol

<small>[ May 09, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I use the Technician.

I will sometimes change clubs, but it mainly depends on the wind, or if I am in any Kind of hazard.

My personal best is -4 on the Japan course (with the difficulty at 4).

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
the question shouldn't be "What character do you use", it should be "WHO DO YOU PLAY AS!"

sorry, a friend of mine thought that was a hilarious thing to say on the character select screen. I mean, instead of saying "Select your character" or "Player Select" or something common like that, the game asks "Who do you play as!". It just sounds kinda odd. It's original, at least. wink

anyway, I play as Robert Landdort. Shot maker, heart breaker...

buster_broon

The Rock,
I love the German

best course is the australian course

best score is -15 on mvs

couple of double eagles that day - when you master the backspin it opens the game up a treat and makes it a little easier

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I use Toyoshige Takano (Putt Master) or if I feel lucky, Fernando Almeida (Power Golfer).