The Last Blade (Jap) Non-boot

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Another official release with eeproms, again the stickers do not look tampered & the boards look clean, something to look for when boot hunting
LB1.jpg

LB2.jpg

LB3.jpg

Looks good,

Questions comments?

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
I have had one exactly like that that I bought in Japan. It's some kind of after-production fix made by SNK. All eproms are labeled accordingly. Nothing to worry about.

Hi, sorry for posting in this thread, but I think maybe it's more appropriate to ask here than creating a new one.

I just recevied my first mvs cart, The Last Blade. I searched in this forum and I found these pictures stating the cart depicted is legit. So I'm now afraid mine is not, since it hasn't any eeproms, just toshiba chips. And another strange thing is that the first board hasn only 6 chips rather than 8 (it misses the two on the upper right corner). The lower board is equal to the one I see here, but again with toshiba chip in the lower left corner instead of the eeprom. The last but not the least, the sticker has, on the right part, some kind of silver sticker overplaced on the white one, with the SNK logo and the serial number.

Since I bought it from yaton, I know I can return it back if it's a bootleg. What do you think, from my description it's legit or not?

Thank to you all guys ;)

p.s. I also made some pictures, but my cellphone make crappy pics and maybe they would be useless since are very bad. I hope my description is enough

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
If it's all Toshiba chips and no EPROMs, it's legit.

I got mine from Yaton and it's definitely legit, although with a replaced shell.

That's right: all Toshiba, no eeprom. Isn't it strange that I got two chips less than the first board showed in these pictures? Maybe it's because this board has some later fix which mine hasn't?

BTW thanks for your help pal ;)

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
shinjimimura said:
That's right: all Toshiba, no eeprom. Isn't it strange that I got two chips less than the first board showed in these pictures? Maybe it's because this board has some later fix which mine hasn't?
It could be that, or the one in the pics could be an earlier version and they used larger-sized mask roms for the final one. Less chips = cheaper to build.

I don't believe that those are "fixed" ep roms. I have seen atleast 5 Last Blade carts that look the exact same way. I believe that it is all original, even the ep roms with the stickers on them.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah, I think we are talking about the same thing here. I guess that SNK burned real mask roms to begin with, but found a bug or something in them which rendered them useless. Thus, the cart was fixed into this condition before even leaving the factory in the first place in order to get the game out on the market without delay. Burning those mask roms at Toshiba probably takes time while eproms can be burned in-house within a few days. Just a guess though.

DegenerateSkate said:
I don't believe that those are "fixed" ep roms. I have seen atleast 5 Last Blade carts that look the exact same way. I believe that it is all original, even the ep roms with the stickers on them.
So what do you think of mine (no eeproms, just Toshiba chips)?