Whats the Cheapest Eprom Programmer, I could get That is not junk??

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Hey guys, for all you guys out there with eprom programmers, is it possible to make one of these cheapo eprom programmers work properly??? I would like to be able to burn eproms for killer instinct, nfl blitz, and hell even a neo bios, would be cool, without spending a small fortune. Anyway if there is a cheap eprom programmer, that is not too impossible to use let me know. Links would be appreciated.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
N80G80 said:
Hey guys, for all you guys out there with eprom programmers, is it possible to make one of these cheapo eprom programmers work properly??? I would like to be able to burn eproms for killer instinct, nfl blitz, and hell even a neo bios, would be cool, without spending a small fortune. Anyway if there is a cheap eprom programmer, that is not too impossible to use let me know. Links would be appreciated.

Do you have a PC with an ISA slot????

I have a programer for $50.....

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Nope, no ISA slot, all I have in terms of connectability, are a paraller port, USB and a 9 pin serial port.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
http://www.mcumall.com

Get one of the Willem types... and the 16bit EPROM adapter.

The Top2004 I have is great but doesn't burn 16bit EPROMs...

Oh, and beware of what OS you are running. None of the programmers I know of work with Vista yet. :mad:

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
Willem are great, IF you know what your doing. Not recommended for people new to burning eproms.

If you do purchase a Willem, make sure it is NOT the Willem Enhanced USB or ANY USB model - these simply cannot provide the correct voltage to reliably program EPROMs. Sure they may work at first, but days/months down the line, they can fail.. make sure you get a Willem that comes with or can accept, an external PSU and supply approx 12.5v