Real Bout 2 is reviving me. Lets talk about RB2!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think I am gonna get deep into playing neo again.. Its been awhile.. I just plugged in my cdz and am doing a shitload of nice links with Kim, and Kim fucking rules in this game.
Whoever hates rb2 needs to take a second look.

I am a proud owner of this on mvs and cd, man rb2 has good replay... and a kick ass st and bg's.
The links and stuff, like a spark of magic or something, you guys know what I mean. I feel like I did in 96/97 (my fave neo years, but rb2 came in 98).

Just enjoying the simple things without all this complication.
I was practicing with Kim and did a jump in c, c, a, hcb+c/a, very easy crap, not up to my standards. I realize that I don't know to much about RB2, please feel free to share what you guys know..

Anyone got any good combo's to dm's? Lets hear about some good combo's you guys got. At cyberfan's old geocities site I saw this one bob infinite.

Anyone got any good stuff to share?
Neodragon is a fan of this game, man shout out at me.

<small>[ May 01, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ive been challenging on this a lot recently and ive gotta say this game is tight... most ppl know i love it but it is really tight. the balance is awesome with only kim being a little overpowered from what i can tell, combos are abstract (not like the straighforward ones of special) and there is some insane tricky stuff in this which ive had some japanese guys do to me recently..

this one guy using bob did this crazy combo on me (which i cant figure out btw) where he throws me, does the cartwheel move (with shadows for some reason) and juggles me on it for 2 hits then juggles again with bobs dp move, just plain crazy...

the bob infinite is b->b->df+c->qcb+b with the right timing so it hits twice with the second hit bouncing the opponent high then repeat... only works in the corner.

mai is also very powerful with some nice combos. xiang fei also a rush machine. i really think if ppl got into this in the fighter scene in america they might realize what they missed out on... most modern fighters arent this tight with a good emphasis on attacking but blocking is not to hard nor is the line system abuseable for an awesome combination..

long live rb2 and fatal fury in general :)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I was playing the hell out of RB2 a few weeks back and ppl gave me some nice combos <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001266" target="_blank">here</a>. I had to quit because practicing on MVS was too frustrating, but thanks to Razoola I'm ready to pick up RB2 again. :)

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
RB2 is an awesome game. RBFFS and RB2 are in my top list. I really don't compare RBFFS and RB2 because I approach them differently. Although I do prefer the line battle from RBS.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If we could choose her, or any character for that matther, in the "no-lag" mode we'd be set.

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
I prefer RBFS, but I sometimes play RB2 to play with Rick, that's it.

Oh, in Xian's stage you can see a boy in the background that looks like he's humping a pig, that's pretty funny.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
my opinion says yes.. i am probably in the minority though.
There's a very big "minority" that would side with you on this :)

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
back in 98 i was hooked on this game. although i didnt like it as much as RBFFS i stil loved it.

ive always been an expert on fighting games and at that time i had max damage combos with everyone. although i cant remember them all il post some. first with kim.

jC, standing 2 hit C, A, B, C (while pushing the C quicly hold down), after you land from your jumping C do Down/Up a. and after that do the flopwup Down A. should be 9 or 10 hits even without a super you can almost take away an entire life gauge with this easy combo. if im not wrong you could even kick twice while jumping on oponent. so you should be able to jump A, C then combo after you land.

btw, has anybody been able to perform yamazaki's drill level 5. 13x C then ABC togehter.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Yes I love RB2 also. Its all about Duck King and Rick for me. My friend can also do some nasty combos with Terry. He is a monster in RB2.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I made a recording of that bob infinite. I was talking to wes at the time.
I enabled inf energy and made mine red on both sides, and also infinite time, since rb2 has no practice mode.
Well I got that infinite down and its also fun to edit in a jump as well. VERY EASY TO DO. The recording made it look like I didnt have cheats on to practice it, wanted to make that clear.

I did it with my kb, could have got more hits.. but when it hit the 18 range, as Beelzebubble said you gotta do it at the right time, I messed it at 18. You can wipe a char out most likely with that as it doesnt have a limit to hits like many others games. (In which it will hit to like 99 and do no damage from a certain point)

Right click save as rbff2.rc0
put it in your kaillera/mame recinput folder, then load up rb2 and press Shift+F7 (thanks for the heads up on that remu)

<a href="http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/wolfgangkrauser/Attachment/rbff2.rc0" target="_blank">http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/wolfgangkrauser/Attachment/rbff2.rc0</a>

This is the same way I did recordings with my friend robert for the kof 2k bug video.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Magnaflux:
select "Xiangfei"
Me and wes are fucking excellent, but I'm stuck with a kb at this time. I cant link very well or guard very well with hi and low's with a keyboard.
Krauser is a cinch with a stick, and trust me it makes all the difference.

I could tackle rb2 on LEVEL-8 easy with a stick.
Its just the AI, they always get fucked to annoying patterns.
I wish wes could see how I play my Geese or Krauser in rb2 with a nice stick.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
beelzebubble:

this one guy using bob did this crazy combo on me (which i cant figure out btw) where he throws me, does the cartwheel move (with shadows for some reason) and juggles me on it for 2 hits then juggles again with bobs dp move, just plain crazy...
That's one of Bob's pursuits. During his standard throw you press df,df+C to follow with the cartwheel. During the Cartwheel he has a second pursuit done by pressing b,f,f+BC. Many people usually follow with his dp attack after the cartwheel as you stated, since it does more damage and allows time to pursue again with u+C.

Throw, df,df+C, dp+B, u+C = buttrock

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
MUSOLINI:

btw, has anybody been able to perform yamazaki's drill level 5. 13x C then ABC togehter.
NO. I'm actually wondering if that super actually exists. I can perform the 21 snake arms nearly everytime but I've never been able to perform the 5th level. Has anyone even seen it?

My favourite is probably level 3 since he taunts the opponent before perform a series of headbutts.

Kinniku

Quiz Detective
About the Yamazaki Drill level 5:
You have to press the C button 13 or 14 times (I dont remember well) and when the opponent falls and touches the floor, press ABC.

Yeah, this game isnt bad at all (it´s very good), but IMHO, RB1 is better

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
I wanna play on kaileirra with you guys. I get my broadband kit soon (may 7th.) fun times ahead!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Plisken:
I wanna play on kaileirra with you guys. I get my broadband kit soon (may 7th.) fun times ahead!
Right around that time I'm gonna be moving, so I won't have internet access for a short while :( However, once I do, be prepared for many AoF2 matches :D Me and LWK play a shitload of SS3, FFS, RB2, AoF, KOF98, etc.. Even with him using a keyboard, I can tell he's a badass player. I can only imagine him with a stick frown