SvC CFC The cards w/ new Design

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now. Since I've been working on this since probably 3 or 4 years ago. I got quite a few of them finished but did not do anything with it because I was not happy with the design. I've really gotten into GIMP and am now using that to design the cards and I think I'm almost happy with the design. I just need some more work on the Action cards. And of course I don't have any of the Reaction cards started yet. First off I will answer a few questions before they are asked:
Why am I doing this? Because I feel like it, and gives me something to do.
Yes I know that the DS game comes out in a couple weeks but I still want to do this. But I'm sure I will slow down on the project once that game gets released. ;)
Anyway here are the cards. I think it's obvious which are the new design and which are the old. What I did was mix my cards with the actual cards that were released in Japan. But take a look and give me some feed back on the design both good and bad if you feel.
SNKcard.jpg
S001.jpg

CapcomCard.jpg
C001.jpg

ActionCard.jpg
A001.jpg

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Looks good, but woulda looked better if you did the fonts and stuff on the small versions of the card, because then it would pixelate everything when you expanded it ;)

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
dont feel so bad i have a bunch of hand drawn cards, color penciled with black ink on water color paper for a set of 78 that i haven't touched in years. i feel your pain. i should finish them but haven't had time

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I'm sorry I guess I didn't point it out. The small ones are my old cards, which the ones shown are the first design. It went through many incarnations. The big ones are my new design using GIMP rather than PSP.
The Action card obviously is not finished. But what I noticed after printing one of the cards off that the S and A rank symbols are too dark I have to redo those.
But now that you know wich cards I'm wanting constructive critisicim (the big ones) please do so. The small ones are there just to show you how crappy my first design was.