Shock Troopers

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Anyone bothered by the slowdown in Shock Troopers 2nd squad?

Also why do you prefer Rolling(in ST) or Jumping(in ST2)?

Just wondering what some of your thoughts about
these two great games are?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The slowdown in Shock Troopers 2 IS NEEDED.

but the game is bad IMHO. Nothing compared to the first one. wink

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x:
Anyone bothered by the slowdown in Shock Troopers 2nd squad?
Nope. The slowdown in 2nd Squad is practically a necessity for surviving on the last boss when all the lasers come out. Actually it'd still be doable at normal speed with Leon or Toy too since their bombs destroy all projectiles... but still

Also why do you prefer Rolling(in ST) or Jumping(in ST2)?
I prefer rolling in part 1 for one simple reason - it's faster than walking. If you need to get across the screen quickly, roll a few times to get there faster. Jumping in 2nd Squad moves you at the same speed, except you can totally control the direction of where you move, which is a nice plus. Still, overall rolling just feels more "natural" to me when it comes to dodging bullets. When I land from a jump in 2nd Squad I worry more about landing in the wrong spot and onto a bullet.

Just wondering what some of your thoughts about
these two great games are?
Shock Troopers 1 is my favorite Neo-Geo game of all time, nuff said. wink 2nd Squad is awesome, but it's not part 1. I still enjoy it a lot more than most people did though...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Well I don't think the slowdown is necessary
in all the stages though, it is good because
it gives you more time to dodge the bullets, but
it gets annoying after a while.

I like the rolling better myself too.

I just can't believe all the points you can get
in that game though...GOD

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
I love both games.

Probably the fact that I played ST 2 first impedes me to feel disappointed about it, because it is really different in relation to its predecessor.

However I have always loved Mercs, and these two games give me similar feelings.

I hate slowdown in any game, however it does not always bother me. In this case the slowdown is not very accused and it does not bother me and I do not think it is really necessary. I am more bothered by MS2’s one.

About jumping or rolling, well I prefer rolling, I think it makes more sense in this kind of games, unless you are able to jump somewhere, which is not the case.