International forums expanded

aria

Former Moderator
As some of you have already noticed, since last night we've greatly expanded the international forums to offer more areas for our foreign viewers to talk and participate. After discussions among the mod squad, we have tried to offer an array of subforms that best reflect each culture --and even dare the general membership to find common ground with our linguistically challenged brothers and sister.

Please enjoy and, as always, those forums are collapsible.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
... to offer more areas for our foreign viewers to talk and participate..we have tried to offer an array of subforms that best reflect each culture --and even dare the general membership to find common ground with our linguistically challenged brothers and sister.

Sorry but, even though I can understand that you try to show some sense of humor, these sub-forum names could not be very respectful with these foreign cultures, i.e. Matadors? Mariachi Music? Are Spanish speakers supposed to like that music style or bullfighting? there's already a Mexican forum were anyone interested in that music style could post about that. Spaghetti, Bier...? :oh_no:

By the way, it's "matadores", "Dónde está el toro?" and "Dónde está la biblioteca?"

aria

Former Moderator
Pep said:
Sorry but, even though I can understand that you try to show some sense of humor, these sub-forum names could not be very respectful with these foreign cultures, i.e. Matadors? Mariachi Music? Are Spanish speakers supposed to like that music style or bullfighting? there's already a Mexican forum were anyone interested in that music style could post about that. Spaghetti, Bier...? :oh_no:

By the way, it's "matadores", "Dónde está el toro?" and "Dónde está la biblioteca?"

Well, I'll be honest with you: we were debating over a number of different subforums for the Spanish forum... I frankly thought Penelope Cruz should've had her own subforum, there was also a proposal for Sabado Gigante. We at least figured matadores were something all Latin and Hispanic cultures could agree on. That and chorizo (and Penelope Cruz) :drool_2:

Which ones would you suggest?

aria

Former Moderator
bump. No news is good news except when it's important stuff like this. Give us input.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Today it's April's Fools Day, I guess that's just a joke.

Anyway I'm glad we have a Catalan subforum. Where's my Catalan flag icon? :D

PS: When I read this thread title, I thought it would be about the end of the Spanish subforum, I think it has been death for quite a while.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
You must be kidding.

Sub-Forums: Spanish for Beginners, Samba, Xuxa, Aztec Culture

The sub forums here must be:

Sex tour in Brasil, Futebol, Lavagem de dinheiro e onde comprar drogas no RJ

Do it right and change that shit right now.

aria

Former Moderator
I didn't realize the Brazilians followed the NFL. I thought it was just the Finns.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Bobak said:
I didn't realize the Brazilians followed the NFL. I thought it was just the Finns.

We dont follow NFL, when i say FUTEBOL i mean SOCCER, that thing we are 5 times world champions. :p

aria

Former Moderator
Neo Collector said:
We dont follow NFL, when i say FUTEBOL i mean SOCCER, that thing we are 5 times world champions. :p

...in football/soccer. :emb:

Seriously though, any other good subforum ideas?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Bobak said:

Since Mexico gets a subforum, maybe one for Central/South America as well? Unless I skimmed over it too quickly and missed the content of the existing subforums there.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
I'm a pretty big fan of Mexican Music myself so I think the "Mexican" sub forum is a good idea. Just remove the Mariachi sub-forum. Who's the idiot who wrote the description for that one? :oh_no:

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
A suggestion -

New sub-forum should be added to the Finnish section: Swedish.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
"International" always stays collapsed, so do with it what you will...

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:

Capoeira, DUUUUUUUUHHH motherfucker. Porra!

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Well, I'll be honest with you: we were debating over a number of different subforums for the Spanish forum... I frankly thought Penelope Cruz should've had her own subforum, there was also a proposal for Sabado Gigante. We at least figured matadores were something all Latin and Hispanic cultures could agree on. That and chorizo (and Penelope Cruz) :drool_2:

Which ones would you suggest?

I forgot it was April's fools day, we celebrate it on December, anyway, bullfighting only interests to very few, I hate it so much... oh and Penelope Cruz... you really like her? she's just average looking in my opinion with awful acting skills, her own sister looks better, we have much better chicks to show around here...

aria

Former Moderator
Pep said:
I forgot it was April's fools day, we celebrate it on December, anyway, bullfighting only interests to very few, I hate it so much... oh and Penelope Cruz... you really like her? she's just average looking in my opinion with awful acting skills, her own sister looks better, we have much better chicks to show around here...

Well, maybe we should just keep it around to December. I think we're starting to grow on those subforums.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
chps_wave.jpg