CPS2 noob question/ Audio & Video

Clessy

Banned
What does CPS2 use for its video? VGA?
Also are the White and Red on the CPS2 stereo audio outs?

"Your thread title can not be shorter than 20 characters." < dumbest idea ever?

danUK

New Challenger
CPS2 outputs std rgb out like MVS etc

If you use the audio off the jamma edge then its mono and can drive a speaker directly. If you use the red/white phono connectors then you'll be able to pick up line level stereo. You have to use the system menu to select the option of using the stereo out, as i think mono is the default

check the excellent site below

http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/techinfo.html

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
above is correct, but you will need a stereo board to power the speakers and perhaps even an AC convertor. i tried wiring in a Qsound board to one of my cabinets and simply tapping the 12v line off of the loom to power it and it does not appear to be enough, got no audio in doing so. Billd420 tried the same thing with the same results, i sent him an AC convertor which I think supplies a 17v (not sure) and it worked fine. So if your cabinet does not have these you wont be able to get stereo sound out of it.

GeoNeo1

Rugal's Thug
I hooked those stereo outs to my stereo amp and it sounds unbelievable, very clear and loud. Had to change settings to stereo in menu tho.

Clessy

Banned
Ohh i'm just thinking about getting one consolized and i'm trying to figure out what all I need in it. Seems just like controller ports.

danUK

New Challenger
finding places to mount stuff when consolising a cps2 is a bit tricky, there aren't many flat places!!

i had some pics of the one I did on the supergun repository site, but it seems to be down at the minute

i'd probably hook the cooling fan upto 5v instead of the 12v to keep the noise down, and is still effective enough for a consolised set-up

good luck with the project

Clessy

Banned
Ohh god knows theres no way I could do it myself i'm just looking for someone who can. I guess i'd need, 2 saturn controller ports, component/svid/composite out and a regular 110 power out.