Is there any info out there for ST-V Print Club 2 setups?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I acquired one of these things a while back, but it didn't come with anything but the ST-V, video board, and PC2 cart. Does the documentation exist for this? Is there any way I can at least trick the thing to start up (gives me a "call technician" error with a loud beeping sound)? I've managed to get into the diagnostics and plug in stuff to the video input jack to verify that it works, but I can't get anything else to go. I'm pretty sure an actual printer setup would be impossible to find, but is there any kind of material describing how it works?

(google yields no results...)

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Blump. Would it be motivating if I posted pics?

Codeman1

B. Jenet's Firstmate
SpamYouToDeath said:
Blump. Would it be motivating if I posted pics?

Please do! :D I have no knowledge about these but I would definitely like to see some pics!

Take a pic of the japanese error, someone maybe able to translate it and give you a hint about what preventing it from booting

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I actually used to have the printer setup for this machine..I put it up on ebay for like a buck several times..it didn't sell so I chucked it..

I have a camera and some misc lttle pcbs for it left(not sure if print club 1 or two though..

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
I'll have pics in a sec. The cart won't boot for some reason (Die Hard Arcade works ok tho).

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
The first thing I did was get it into test mode and go to the settings for the video board...

In test mode, overlaying the input (TEXT&EXT IN):

Playin' some WiiSports (this time set to only display the input):

In case you're wondering, it's just a normal composite input jack.

Next up I picked through the menus, and found this menu. No clue what that is. Selected it, and the "-----------" turned to "ERROR".

Also, I was mistaken. No Japanese error here... it just displayed "PLEASE CALL ATTENDANT" over a little cartoony background when I started it up. Didn't get a pic.

Some snaps of the board:

The camera input is the jack on the far right. No clue what the others are; I'm guessing this board also controls printers... (outputs a composite picture which the printer interprets, and prints?)

EDIT: A shot of the input test just for fun.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Bump, anyone know anything?

EDIT: Here's the error. Big help, right?

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I used to have a bunch of the ST-V print club carts and they would come up the same(Call attendant)

When I took apart the machine I was blown away by all the wiring,small pcbs..it was a nightmare,

Anyhow..the Print Club ST-V board can be used as a regular ST-V game board. if the settings are changed..I did it..I use it to play ST-V games on it,in my MVS cab for awhile until I sold it.

Stuff I pulled from a Print Club machine..I still have the Glass marquee around here and the small Control panel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...name=STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=230113822106

I have more wires,then the above..it's just too much a pain in the ass to pull them out.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
chris1 said:
Anyhow..the Print Club ST-V board can be used as a regular ST-V game board. if the settings are changed..I did it..I use it to play ST-V games on it,in my MVS cab for awhile until I sold it.
I know, I have Die Hard Arcade. :D

It's too bad that bunch of parts doesn't include the printer...

EDIT: Do you have the manual for these things?

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SpamYouToDeath said:
I know, I have Die Hard Arcade. :D

It's too bad that bunch of parts doesn't include the printer...

EDIT: Do you have the manual for these things?

I wish I did have the manual...I will keep an eye for one though..

Keep an eye out for say, a junk machine..you might be able to get the whole she-bang cheap.
The machine I took apart was being trashed-all it was missing was a monitor.
If I had the room I'd had taken it..

That and a lethal enforcers was in the garbage.:(

I'm going to chuck the stuff in the auction if it doesn't sell..I listed it three times hoping someone needed it and no sale.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
chris1 said:
I'm going to chuck the stuff in the auction if it doesn't sell..I listed it three times hoping someone needed it and no sale.
I could take it on the cheap if you're just going to trash it.:)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SpamYouToDeath said:
I could take it on the cheap if you're just going to trash it.:)

That would be great....

It's basically listed as almost free on ebay..I was hoping someone would bid the buck,pay the shipping and take it before I trash it..
The shipping is $8.60 flat rate priority mail..the Camera is heavy so putting it all in a Flat Rate Priority is the cheapest at $8.60 with DC..

I listed it a few times so it cost me a few bucks already.

I'd be happy-say atleast only lose a buck or two and sell it for $10.00 shipped..

LMK..and I'll cancel the auction..

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hm, it uses a brooktree-brand chip for processing the input. I just found that to be interesting.

Anything happen when you plug anything into those S-Video jacks?

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Hm, it uses a brooktree-brand chip for processing the input. I just found that to be interesting.

Anything happen when you plug anything into those S-Video jacks?
Dunno, I don't have anything with S-Video out or in. The two other composite jacks, however, seem to output a RGB test pattern when I power it on, and then a blue screen.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Well if it runs Die Hard Arcade it either has a US bios or the Print Club boards are regionless (which I doubt) as Die Hard doesn't run on Japanese regular ST-V boards. Unless of course it is Dynamite Deka..which doesn't work on US boards.

If it is a US bios you'll be a little limited in the number of games that will work on the board.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
But if it was the wrong region, it would give me an error and not boot at all (seen it happen in some "broken" games in MAME).

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
More pics! And yes, it's a craptastic cab. I'm sorry.

In this setup, the ST-V is hooked up to my test cab, my Wii is hooked into what I'm now assuming is the camera input, and my old TV is hooked up to what I'm also now assuming is the printer output (looks like it uses a video printer...).

As it's starting up, there's a test pattern being output:

When it gets to the "game", it's showing blue:

At the test menu, it goes back to the pattern:

When I enter the individual test for Print Club 2 (it's called "USA VERSION" in the menu), it changes to showing blue on the "printer". No pic, sorry.

I can go into the video board's test screen and there's a menu option to make it do this:

It captures the input from the Wii, and then just shows that one frame on the "printer" (it's not moving, and to update the screen I have to select the menu option again, at which point it flashes the test pattern, then throws up the Wii snapshot). Duh, but at least I know it's working, and not just passing right through.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SpamYouToDeath:...

I'll be shipping your package tomorrow.

I have more stuff to send you for the machine that I have to dig out of storage(wires-misc parts)..I will send you that stuff for free in the future...I have to clear that stuff all out within the next six months.

I included an ST-V manual in the package..(in Jap though but has the STV board pinout)

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
chris1 said:
SpamYouToDeath:...

I'll be shipping your package tomorrow.

I have more stuff to send you for the machine that I have to dig out of storage(wires-misc parts)..I will send you that stuff for free in the future...I have to clear that stuff all out within the next six months.

I included an ST-V manual in the package..(in Jap though but has the STV board pinout)
Sweet.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Also, does it seem likely that the signal which tells the printer to... well, print... is on the video board? It's got a couple mysterious connectors, including one right next to what I'ma call the "printer out" video jack. I've seen a couple video printers (both online and in person) and it seems like they simply accept a video signal, and have a button which tells them to print. I'm guessing there's some other line for a "ready" signal, too, which would explain the error it's showing. What could it be besides (what it thinks is) a faulty printer?

And an edit: Damnit, there's gotta be more info out there. Any good ideas on places to crosspost this?

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Another interesting thing to note is that the ST-V has to have its "Cabinet Type" set to "1P" in order for the cart to work; otherwise, it simply says "CHECK GAME CART FOR IMPROPER INSTALLATION" and plays the ST-V logo. I can understand the logic in setting it to 1 player only (the machine only has a joystick and ok/cancel buttons), but why prevent it from running if it's set to, say, 2 players?
(Tripleposting is fun!)

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Just recieved some stuff from chris1... I'll post it here in case anyone knows anything. Worth a shot, eh?

Camera:

PCBs (look like stuff dealing with power?):

Can anyone tell me what the camera says?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I have to dig out(in storage)a bunch or ripped out wiring that I 'ripped out' of the machine and send it to you in the future,some of which has the plug ends to those pcbs I'm pretty sure.
I tried to take everything I could get out(with a cutting pliers and screwdriver) of the machine before bidding it farewell.:(
.. Some-most of the wiring had to be cut though as it was looped-hooked up into places I could not get too.
It was trying to do this,standing in snow up to my knees in the cold with minimal tools..When I was done-gave up I could not feel my toes :D