Top Hunter MVS - Boot or not??

JFlex

Marked Wolf
Usually, I'll open up a cart and look for the "toshiba", however I've been told that always isn't a clear indicator.

Here are some pics of a Top Hunter MVS, I'm about to trade. I want to make sure it's not a boot before I do any trading. I purchased this from an ebay seller about 2 months ago. Any help would be appreciated. Boot or not?

tophunter_a.jpg

tophunter_b.jpg

tophunter1.jpg

tophunter2.jpg

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Real. There are a few titles with that capacitor on the P1 chip. If you look closely on the chips, they all have matching NGH-numbers if you check the Master List.

SSS

neo retired
can't really see the chips. But as long as they have the 3 digit NGH number and they aren't MX flash chips, it's not a boot. Majority of MVS carts don't have a manufacturer name on the chips.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
Kunio said:
Real. There are a few titles with that capacitor on the P1 chip. If you look closely on the chips, they all have matching NGH-numbers if you check the Master List.

I tried looking for the master list earlier where is it located? Thanks.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
can't really see the chips. But as long as they have the 3 digit NGH number and they aren't MX flash chips, it's not a boot. Majority of MVS carts don't have a manufacturer name on the chips.

This model of chips as well as the capacitor are definitely standard in Power Spikes 2 and Windjammers. Perhaps also in Street Hoop and Quest of Jong Master too if I am not mistaken.

lovecraft

n00b
JFlex said:
Usually, I'll open up a cart and look for the "toshiba", however I've been told that always isn't a clear indicator.

Here are some pics of a Top Hunter MVS, I'm about to trade. I want to make sure it's not a boot before I do any trading. I purchased this from an ebay seller about 2 months ago. Any help would be appreciated. Boot or not?

tophunter_a.jpg

tophunter_b.jpg

tophunter1.jpg

tophunter2.jpg

My TH cart was exactly the same as yours with the blue capacitor on P1. However, did you ever try to play this on an AES console with a Phantom 1 adapter ?