MetalSlug3, 1 life clear game = crazy

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
Crazy man, I just watched two guys clear the game with one life. I don't mean a two player game. They played one player separately. The first guy played at a slow pace but the second guy was going nuts yet he managed to stay alive through the whole game!

I don't remember the score for the first guy but the second guy had around 6.7M at the end of the game. I mean I wish I could be able to beat the game with one credit, but these guys did it with one life.

Yeah, I had to use mame to watch it, but it was worth it. you could tell they had lots of practice and knew exactly what to do. The second guy had saved 98 grenades by the time he reached the final boss and took him out with around 70 grenades. Man, and I thought it was crazy to beat with one credit.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hmm... pics ? wich dificulty ?

I don't know where they can get so many grenades in the final mission tough... :confused:

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
Dude I'm not lying, if you want I'll provide you with all the stuff you need to watch this shit.

Or I'll give you the site where you can see it yourself.

<a href="http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Sunnyvale/1414/inp.html" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Sunnyvale/1414/inp.html</a>

deffty

Kula's Candy
Its easy-
Just set debug;
1-8 invincible(bullets just pass through)
2-3 ifinite grenades
2-4 infinite ammos on special weapons

Just memorised the CPU pattern and the use of debug, you can fool almost everyone.
1 credit game, who knows?
make_fac

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
Just watch it, no bullets pass thru them. They don't have infinite grenades because you're actually watching them collect the grenades, not start with infinite in their inventory. You can see it says level 4 which I believe is the default difficulty level.

You'll see that in many moments they get lucky and escape death by a hair, but they escape.

So why don't you watch it first and say what you got to say dude.

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
I doubt it, there's no sign of anything being edited just straight up gameplay. I mean, what can you edit anyways?

I watched it again, fourth time I might add, and it's just straight up gameplay. The guy knows what he's doing. He almost knows every location of hidden pows, so probably that explains how got so many grenades by the end of the game.

I mean, you can't fake stuff like that. Before pondering any more ideas of how this could have been achieved, please just watch the damn thing, if you can that is.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
AAAAAAAAARGHHH ! Japanese site. I don't have it romanized, so I don't understand a word.

I'd like to see how badass are those guys playing.

Oh, I beat the game with my feet using the Hori Fighting stick autofire.

Of course it's set at easy with 5 lives... but fuck! it's still my feet playing! :D

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
Damn, I guess the site's down, no surprise there from geocities. It doesn't matter, I still have the replay saved so if you want it I'll send you the replays. Just give me your e-mails and I'll send you both saves, although the second one is much better.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Dino: Can you mail it to shapermc @ shapermc.com

Both please? THanks!

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
No problem man, anyone who wants it I'll gradly e-mail it to you.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
How big is that file ?

if it's under 10 MEGS, send to freeplay@mail.pt

Thank you. wink

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Mucho Thankso!!

Umm count me as a moron, but how do you view these files?

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
You kiddin' me, these files combined are like 180kb, it doesn't get any smaller than that, maybe Fran's penis but that's another topic.

Anyway, if you want to view these you need mame and the rom for MS3. Yeah I know, it's a dirty process to view these but if you want to see them what can you do. If you choose not to go down that road, then it's up to you. I don't like emulation myself but watching these replays it was worth it.