Good thing I didnt buy this!

Pas

Camel Slug
So a month ago I would have jumped at the deal in this eBay listing! But since I joined here and learned about bootlegs and the problems assosiated with them Im glad to say I learned and didnt end up with this bootleg! Here is an image that the seller sent me of the chips on the board

NIDPCBs.JPG

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Thats actually a reasonable price. Even boots have a value, just not to a collector or die hard SNK fan. The bootleg version of that game from anyone is $50-60 + shipping. Hes asking $49 + 20 shipping, albiet the shipping is expensive, its still not a bad deal. But he should disclose the fact its a boot in the description.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
For the Price,description in the listing it's a sure sign to be a boot..

For Me: If I'm going to get a game that I wan't to play I want it to be original...but I'm not picky if I don't pay much for a boot that works of a game that I want to play and won't be re-selling because it's a boot.(as long as I'm told it's a boot by the seller and or he shows me the boards/agrees it's a boot..
I don't like being tricked that a cart is original then it's a boot.

Not sure on what the price of an original NIGHTMARE IN THE DARK cart these days is but as I've always found it to be quite high so for a boot that price might not be bad if it "fully worked"..(for me,for me)
Does the seller live up to the warranty offerered.

I have good luck with MX chips..If "I" get a boot with "full"MX chips I'm not too pissed about it..It's EPROM boots that give me problems..:oh_no:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
xmods said:
Thats actually a reasonable price. Even boots have a value, just not to a collector or die hard SNK fan. The bootleg version of that game from anyone is $50-60 + shipping. Hes asking $49 + 20 shipping, albiet the shipping is expensive, its still not a bad deal. But he should disclose the fact its a boot in the description.

I agree

(we were posting at the same time..:)

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
chris1 said:
I agree

(we were posting at the same time..:)

Yeah thats one i been trying to get a legit copy of but they are getting kinda scarce these days or so it seems lately. But anyhow the legit version if you can find it is generally $100-150, in the price guide an english version can go for $115-500. Altho I've never seen one get that high, i've never seen one go below $100 either.

Pas

Camel Slug
Im not to worried about price myself...ok so I dont want to pay outrageous prices for everything...but I dont mind spending the extra money to get a legit copy that I know is going to be 100%. Id hate to spend money on a boot only to find it glitch on the last level or closing sequence or something...even at 1/2 price or so Id still have to buy it again...so if I had to get a second boot even it would be just as expensive to buy it legit to start with. Im not real picky about the lable or if the clamshell is original but I'll definatly be sticking to legit boards just to be on the safe side. Who knows maybe Ill end up getting an accidental boot one day and learn they arent that bad...

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Oh i'm sure you'll get more than a few, heh :/ I've got a box of them myself. A ouple were bought on purpose, as i'd never be able to afford the legit copy, but most were ones i got screwed and just accepted the fact. I'm alot more careful now. That guy is notorious for selling boots on ebay. In fact i got one of his boots, can't recall the game but anyhow, it sucks and its all a part of the game. One game i have the bootleg copy of, i'm also bidding for a legit copy on ebay, if i win it, chances are i'll open it to make sure its legit then put it away in a shockbox and still play the boot, heh. Sorta funny how that works, but i love the game so i'll be glad to own a legit copy of it.

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
chris1 said:
I have good luck with MX chips..If "I" get a boot with "full"MX chips I'm not too pissed about it..It's EPROM boots that give me problems..:oh_no:

If you notice, on the chips is the speed designator of -12 which is 120ns cycle time.

If you have an EPROM boot that is giving you trouble then check the speed of the EPROMs used. If it's -15 or higher then you should copy the data on them to faster chips like -12 or -10 and give it another try.

RJ

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
channelmaniac said:
If you notice, on the chips is the speed designator of -12 which is 120ns cycle time.

If you have an EPROM boot that is giving you trouble then check the speed of the EPROMs used. If it's -15 or higher then you should copy the data on them to faster chips like -12 or -10 and give it another try.

RJ

That's some great info right there....Thanks.:buttrock:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Well, I know people have different feelings on boots, however, I would have bought this in a second for that price.

I prefer to own the original and in most cases do. However, there are certain games that are just to hard to come by or too expensive that I want to play on my cab.

It looks like this guy had three available and one person bought two of them. This is a game I would like to own one day.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
When you see something NEO-GEO related that are too good to be true, believe it, it s too good to be true. :p