Question about neo geo CD discs

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
Hey. I am finally going to put my old Neo CD to use by getting some games for it, Now, I am curious about something...is it safe to get Neo Geo CD game discs professionally refurbished? I know of a store not far from me that does it. I have a game disc that needs it but am unsure if it will harm or help the disc by having this done. I know Neo CD's are older so I do not know if that will make them more sensitive or what.

Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I don't know what you mean by "professionally refurbished". Usually when a store offers to "professionally refurbish" CD or DVD's, then it usually means they run it through the same 30 dollar machine you can buy on store shelves. I have refurbished my entire CD collection of like 300 discs with a 6 dollar bottle of CD/DVD scratch remover, and a PSP cleaning cloth. It's simple, a little time consuming, and cheaper than taking it to a store. You put the scratch remover on it, let it dry, and then wipe it off. In other cases when those two things aren't handy and one needs to be fixed on the fly, I've used everything from chapstick, to vasoline, to hair wax, and wiped it off on my jeans or a towel and they will play fine. I don't reccomend the latter for your Neo-Geo CD's, but I don't think a store can do anything you can't do on your own.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It will be fine, just make sure they use the compound. If they dont and just let it run it can burn the plastic.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
They have one of those really expensive large refurbishing machienes. They dont use a crappy disc doctor or anything like that. They also charge like $5 to do it. This is what I mean by "professionally refurbished". Sorry if I didnt make it more clear. I think I heard it can damage neo CD games by doing this...turning them into an audio CD and nothing more. This is why I asked before I attempted to get it done.

Xian-thanks I will definitally remember to check with them about that before they do anything.