neogeo-mvs-to-jamma-inline-adapter

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
whats the point neogeo is jamma already. audio is stereo and a 4th button per player is the only diffence

Not being lazy. Just wanted to know if this thing was even neccesary. I read a thread that people had their sound amps blown out because certain neo boards are not fully JAMMA .

Last edited:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
It's a good option if you only have 1 cab, and swap a multislot MVS board for JAMMA PCBs ona regular basis. It saves from having to rewire your cab everytime you do it.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
To be honest, the sound is really weird on my astro city with my 4slot, and it'd be worth it for an adapter.

Either that or a swap withsomeone for a 1slot that's wired for JAMMA already.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Would it be beneficial for Consolizing an MVS 1-slot, speciafically an MV-1C Board?
Or a waste of money?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
think of it as a quick swap. while a consoled mvs just get wired to the right was once

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Safely converts the standard NeoGeo MVS system pinout to work correctly in a standard JAMMA type arcade cabinet. All NeoGeo MVS units are almost fully JAMMA compatible; however, they have a small twist in their pinout scheme. Connecting a NeoGeo MVS system directly into a JAMMA connection will damage the MVS audio amplifier! The most important feature of this MVS to JAMMA adapter is to safely convert the MVS stereo output to work in the standard JAMMA single speaker setup. If the JAMMA cabinet has stereo speakers, this adapter also provides an easy 4 pin Molex connection for crisp stereo sound (this is the preferred, but not necessary, s

This is false as all one slots are jamma compatable. The stereo ones have switches to go mono.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
zapatistab said:
Would it be beneficial for Consolizing an MVS 1-slot, speciafically an MV-1C Board?
Or a waste of money?

Not for a 1C as you get stereo off the chip not the edge.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Would this adapter solve my vertical hold issues when throwing in a 2-slot board ?

There is something I have to wire from one part of the board to the other yeah ?
total noob on cabs.

No sound issues but throwing out straight picture... Forget it :mad:

EDIT: http://www.arcadecabinets.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=32

There it is... Threw in both "consolized" 2-slots & SonicWings as it was the only JAMMA I had at the time to try out...

No issues with the later AW board I picked up.

Last edited:

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Xian Xi said:
Not for a 1C as you get stereo off the chip not the edge.

Thanks for answering my next question. If I can get my hands on a MV-1C board then I will shoot you a P.M. on how to wire or where to wire up Stereo. I didn't want to sabatoge someone elses thread with my noob questions.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Seriously, wouldn't mind knowning this...

Kinda too old now lolz...
plug in and play innit... I hark back to time when cassettes rule & no idea
with cabs or boards... Hence consolized :tickled:

JFlex

Marked Wolf
I've been having sound issues with my Egret 2 and MVS 4-slot. I ordered this and should have it today. Tim, with Jammaboards.com has been extremely helpful. So, as of now, I can say the customer service has been really good. I'll give my input once I've given the adapter a try tonight.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
Received the Jamma/MVS converter. I purchased it to resolve a sound issue with my Egret 2. Currently, my background music is very loud, while all sound effects...gunfire, punching, voices are barely audible. In sound check, both "Right" and "Left" test ok. "Center" fails.

I added the adapter. The sound is perfect! In sound Test, left, right and center test ok. Unfortunately, now that the sound works my button mapping has been oddly tweaked. Controller 1 & 2 "A" button now function as "A" & "select". So every time I try to throw a punch in MOTW, my game is PAUSED. My actual "select" button is no longer working.

I've sent an email to Ted @ Jamma Boards. Hopefully, there's a simple solution. If anyone here has a suggestion, please let me know. Here is a pic of the adapter plugged into my JAMMA.

edit: I've rec'd correspondence from JammaBoard. I don't think the issue is with the adapter. I'll keep you all posted on results.
jammamvsconnect.jpg

converter.jpg

Last edited:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
the funny thing is that the egret has a stereo connector that matches the one on the 4-slot. the pinout could be different but the wires could be swapped correctly in seconds to get stereo sound off the MVS. But 99% of candy cab owners are so clueless about these simple things that it's like rocket science to them and they end up buying these funky items that generally cause more problems than they're supposed to solve.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
MKL said:
the funny thing is that the egret has a stereo connector that matches the one on the 4-slot. the pinout could be different but the wires could be swapped correctly in seconds to get stereo sound off the MVS. But 99% of candy cab owners are so clueless about these simple things that it's like rocket science to them and they end up buying these funky items that generally cause more problems than they're supposed to solve.

"Clueless", not in all cases. Not willing to tamper with something you could potentially ruin, is my bet for why people purchase things like this. I for one, will try what's easy first....then, if I have to, pay someone else to do it.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
i had the same problem..
but with the mono/stereo switch my mv4 run beastly in my cab now

JFlex

Marked Wolf
Problem resolved! MVS connector works like a champ. My Unibios setting was set for Console. Once I switched it to MVS, I had no problems with the "A" buttons on controller one or two. I recommend this product for those of you like me.....JAMMA Wire impaired. Thanks to those of you that made an effort to help me resolve this issue. In particular, KPJ, Razoola and Ted.

Now after 4 weeks of piecing the Egret together, I finally get to truly enjoy it!!
:lol:

jeff10

Kula's Candy
mvs 4 slot to jamma pcb's

heres what i want to do. I want to put a nintendo playchoice 10 jamma board or one of the 48-in-1 boards into my neo big red 4 slot. How hard would this be...
I want to still be able to use my neo also. Is there an adapter that will let me switch between the two or would i have to manually re wire everything each time i want to do the other,

I am not a techy person so i will probably screw up everything. but hey shit happens.

please some one help, or if someone know how to do this and lives near kentucky i will PAy you$$ for your time.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
jeff10 said:
heres what i want to do. I want to put a nintendo playchoice 10 jamma board or one of the 48-in-1 boards into my neo big red 4 slot. How hard would this be...
I want to still be able to use my neo also. Is there an adapter that will let me switch between the two or would i have to manually re wire everything each time i want to do the other,

I am not a techy person so i will probably screw up everything. but hey shit happens.

please some one help, or if someone know how to do this and lives near kentucky i will PAy you$$ for your time.

Just get a Nintendo to JAmma adapter.