Modified Neo Geo Pinout Question

darmrt

Hey all,

I am trying to have some Joysticks made from MASSystems and I need to know if anyone can tell me the modified Neo Geo pinout used for wiring the controller ports on a Revolver SG. D-Lite would usually have this info but he may be too busy to respond quick enough. I am hoping that some one here knows and can tell me what it is. I am having a 10 button Joystick made(coin,start+8 buttons).

Thanks in advance:buttrock:

Darius

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Theres one on ebay right now for 50 bucks.(starting bid) Might want to check it out. If anything you could always rewire it for your supergun. That would be fairly easy to do.

darmrt

Still wanting to know if anyone knows this. Or if any on knows how I can find out myself. I just hope I dont have to open the SG.

Last edited:

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
D-Lite talks a bit about the pinout he uses here.

According to him, the 5th button is wired to pin 2 on the DB15, otherwise the controllers are Neo*Geo pinout standard, available via various searches.

With only 15 pins, your 4 directions plus the 10 pushbuttons will completely fill the port. If he wired +5V on pin 8 to allow the use of Neo*Geo Joypads, it may not be possible without rewiring. I wouldn't invest in anytihng without opening it up or at least doing some continuity checks from the joystick ports to the JAMMA harness. It's pretty easy to see what's wired where with a multimeter set to measure resistance without cracking the case.

-Dan

darmrt

I found out some things I needed but where would the 3 extra Jamma buttons be wired to for the CPS 2 kick harness?

I know I have another post similar to this on here, sorry Mods. It wont happen again.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
The 3 kick buttons are usually wired to a seperate harness so you can plug them into Street fighter jamma pcbs without modification. That is if he used the SF standard, which most people do. On my supernova i have 2 harness's, 1 is jamma and the other is the kick harness, the kick harness has 6-7 terminals is all and is much smaller than the jamma harness. Anyhow for things like neo geo you won't need to wire it up any different than normal. The 6th button on my joystick is the D button for neo geo and thats wired direct to the jamma, so theres no need to use the kick harness when using a neo geo on your supergun(or at least the one i have)

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you are having a stick made then ask them to add a neo geo controller cable to it. Bascially you'll have 2 seperate cables, but at least then you won't need to wire it up by hand or make an adapter.

darmrt

Wouldn't there be a pin wired to the kick harness?
there are 2 pins that aren't used out of the 15 pins available. There would be 3 but that pin is wired to button 5(for atomiswave). Anyhow, wouldn't the kick harness be wired in somewhere?
This is what I have so far:
1.Ground
2.Button 5
3.Coin
4.Button 4
5.Button 2
6. Right
7.Down
8. n/c 5v+
9.Button 4(again)
10.n/c
11.Start
12.Button 3
13.Button 1
14.Left
15.Up

Could the Kick harness be wired in there some where?

As you can see I know nothing about this.