Final Fight: Revenge

seanpyro

n00b
Final Fight: Revenge

has anyone here played this game?

i just found out about it like a week ago, from what i hear it sucks...but i still wanna know some more info

i read the FAQ from gamefaqs, sounds kinda neat, can play as sodom...can beat that

btw: does anyone know why the HTML has been turn'd off

-Sean

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Final Fight: Revenge is a 3D fighter that incorporates a few of the Final Fight conventions, such as picking up weapons and health items, in the middle of the fight. Weapons range from swords to blunt objects to rocket launchers!

Each character has a number of DM/SDM finishing maneuvers that work one of two ways. If you land it but it doesn't KO the enemy it comes off as a standard DM. But if the DM is going to finish the enemy off, it becomes an entirely new move. For example, when Cody's DM KO's the opponent he punches him a bunch of times, walks away from the dizzied foe and says 'You're already dead'. Then the guy falls over ala Fist Of The Northstar.

The game plays okay, but the graphics are VERY blocky. One good thing about it is that it's entirely in english. The game seems to take place somewhere between Final Fight and...Street Fighter Alpha 3, if that makes any sense. For example, in Cody's ending he gets arrested by Edie E. (the cop) for going on a rampage and beating a bunch of people up, thus explaining his being in prison for SFA3.

The final boss is a zombified Belcher, the wheelchair bound boss from Final Fight (is he an investor in the Umbrella Corporation?), which is silly. You can, however, pick up his body parts as they fall off and beat him with them, which is fun
smile.gif
. And what's funny is when you beat the game without continuing, Belcher does the 'Thriller' dance as the end credits roll.

Anyway, my recommendation is to rent first if possible. If not, pick it up cheap on e-bay or used if that's an option. Check out Buyrite to see what they've got the game for, as well. If you're a diehard Final Fight fan, then who can blame you
smile.gif

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso
'Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles...'

seanpyro

n00b
thanks man...3D fighter? lol, and i just thought it was a sup'd up ver of the first ff

-Sean

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
It's really bad, the battle cries are halarious. It's a good game if you need to laugh though.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't think the game is completely without merit. I'm a big of the Street Fighter universe, which Final Fight became a part of when Guy appeared in SFA. I really got the game because I'm a completist and wanted to have all the Final Fight games. For fans of the series and those characters, the game's tolerable. Then again, because I'm such an unabashed fan of Final Fight, maybe I'm just looking past flaws that others can be more objective about.

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso
'Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles...'

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Ooh...er, I think I saw it in the arcade once last year. Had Poison (Hugo's girlfriend), Rolento, El Gado(?) and other characters, right? Poison's DM looked funny, where she'd blow a giant looking heart and if it connects, a series of anime-style pictures of her in various poses pops up. Rolento was even crazier: riding a helicopter and shooting people? Weird.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
What FCL's talking about is when you perform a particular DM with Rolento he jumps into a helicopter and chases after his opponent, gunning at him from above. This isn't exactly a great DM because the person playing the other character still maintains control of him and can actually run around the screen to avoid getting hit.

What's amusing about this is that the character being strafed at runs around with his hands up in the air like a crazy person! It looks REALLY funny
smile.gif

And Edie E. runs you down with his police car! All I can think of when I see that is the opening theme of COPS...

"Bad boys, bad boys, whatchagonnado, whatchagonnado when they come for you..."

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso

seanpyro

n00b
lol, dayum i need to see some screenshots of this game...

but speaking of the older final fights...am i the only one who thinks the arcade ver of the first final fight is the best

i have only played 2 like five times, and 3 is too easy and they tried to supe'd it up too much..

i guess what i like about the first is how dark and moody the story and game was, and its not to "fake" asfar as the moves go...in ff3 Guy can throw fireballs, which i think is gay

and there some stuff in ff1 that i know capcom will never put in arcade game..
like a beer&wine power ups, they edited the hell out of the snes ver

but thats just what i think..

-sean

[This message has been edited by seanpyro (edited April 23, 2001).]

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
FF1 rocks arcade version rocks!
biggrin.gif
On top of that the cool distortion/metal guitar sounds were never really duplicated in any other version.
smile.gif
I thought FF2 was a piece of crap though
frown.gif
. FF3's music and stuff repeated way too much but Lucia had cool moves and Dean ROCKED cause of all those backbreaker throws.
smile.gif

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I thought the only really cool things about Final Fight 2 were the stages where Chun Li and Guile were in the backgrounds -Chun Li right in the beginning and Guile in the airforce base with the oversized military style boss. Can't remember his name now- and the return of Rolento. Other than that, I was pretty disappointed in the character selection of 2. Where was Cody!?

Final Fight 3, I thought, was a fine game. I didn't have a problem with it except...no Cody!!

Man, what does Capcom have against him? He's either in the background with a whopping two frames of animation to him (SFA2) or they bring him back in prison duds. Prison duds:P!

I mean, I thought the whole 'escaped convict' angle was cool, but I'm sure Hamburgler's pissed off that someone aped his threads.

Y'know?

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Taiso, Capcom has "nothing against Cody". You may be pleased to know that... for Street Fighter Zero 3 Saturn... Cody recieved a good deal of attention. When the game loads, Cody is always the main centerpiece....

And he is BIG on the cover... although Ryu is about to redefine "nut cracker" on him... the point is, Cody is well marketed on SFZ 3 Saturn version.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hanzou, this time you better finish it off!"
-Fuuma

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Steve:

No way! They're out to get him! That's all there is to it!

smile.gif

Taiso
"Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles..."

Kamui

New Challenger
Same for me, Streets of Rage always kept me attention but FF always bored me, dont know why.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Hayato:
Final Fights cool and all but I could never get into it like I did with Streets of Rage.