RBFFS EX Characters Codes Thoughts.....

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Now how to begin...*thinks* Ok.

Have you ever wondered why SNK does odd things with their games with no explanation for doing it? Well I ran into that tonight with Real Bout Fatal Fury Special. Now I had heard about these EX Characters before and had tried the codes for them*A LOT* and to no avail never got it to work.

I went down to the local Arcade in my aera and of course one of the games on the 4 Slot was RBFFS. I said 'Oh what the hell!' And tried the code again. Lo and behond my Shock and Andy Changes from I have a Serious look on my Face to Mr 'I have a Evil Smile on my Face you don't wanna mess with me' Andy.

This of course baffled me and I then proceeded to do the codes again with each of the EX Characters, Andy, Mary, Billy, & Tung Fu Rue and they all worked on the 1st try.

Now I had wondered how I got it to work on an Arcade MVS game but not on the Home cart. So I went home and tried it again and nothing. My 1st thought ok what's going on here? My 2nd Thought I decided to use the ole Debug Bios and force the cart to become an MVS game. Lo and Behold on the character select screen the codes worked perfectly.

So one I did that I tried to see if I could screw around with it more and found the Dip Setting to play as Geese without having to input the Long Controller Motion to get the Code. Now with Geese automatically selectable on Home System Mode I tried the EX codes again and they worked this time.

This in the end didn't make any Sense and was also funny as no site I had ever visited made a comment that you would have to 'have' Geese Howard unlocked in order to be able to select the EX Characters as well. Now if anyone would care to explain why these settings from MVS to Home were so oddball I would welcome an answer. Now for the Moment I would also like to ask this. I've been cosidering on working on a Debug Bios Faq of sorts for people who own Modded Home Systems because nobody seems to have any real soild info on what excatly you can get away with or odd things like what I just explained above. If you would be interested in seeing something like this, Reply here and maybe with enough support and ideas shared from other users we can maybe come out wth something a LOT more reliable than what I have seen thus far. Thanks For your time...

------------------
Wait until you see me go into 'Serious' Mode

BonusKun
Chat Solutions Staff
irc.chat-solutions.net

[This message has been edited by BonusKun (edited April 21, 2001).]

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Geez...that IS weird. I thinkn such a thing would be a great FAQ to have handy. trying to get something to work and having no luck is NO fun. Especially when you are doing exactly what is described in the FAQ you are using. By all means, create the FAQ you describe.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
That's craziness! O_O;

Bonus: Have you beaten the game with the EX characters? They're all evil/badass versions of their originals. The endings are all BEYOND hilarious!
smile.gif

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
That's craziness! O_O;

Bonus: Have you beaten the game with the EX characters? They're all evil/badass versions of their originals. The endings are all BEYOND hilarious!
smile.gif

Yeap I sure have. Beating it with Mary was the funniest being that She wants to make Terry her Dog. Heh either way, I've decided to go ahead and work on this faq. Started a little bit but I have some ground to cover before I even remotly get done.

------------------
Wait until you see me go into 'Serious' Mode

BonusKun
Chat Solutions Staff
irc.chat-solutions.net

Yojimbo

n00b
That combo with Ex-Andy where he does those triple kicks in mid air and then finish with a firekick rock hard.