Hokutomaru's background...

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
i first found this out via JKuroki's Garou: MotW FAQ.

of course, i think there are some more cameo's that he hasn't listed. but first the ones that are:

1. the SNK logo
  2. Andy and Mai on a billboard
  3. Alfred on a billboard
  4. Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 advertisement (with Geese, Ripper, Hopper, and Billy Kane)
  5. Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 advertisement (far left, with Terry and Rick Strowd's leg)
  6. unawakened Kaede and Moriya [from Last Blade] [/list=a]

i spotted Kyo and Iori (behind Kaede and Moriya), and the model on the 'Selfish' billboard reminds me of Shermie, but i can't tell, the image i was working off cuts it off.

one of my friends (crimson larko), says that Fio is the woman in the green car. he also spotted a bunch of others, but they were too small to tell. ("you see? Andy is on the bus!")

want to check again? have another look.

[edited at least five times to fix up mistakes]
    ------------------
    - Bufa [Site: Freakling]
    The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.

[This message has been edited by Bufa (edited April 21, 2001).]

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah, theater and theatre are both correct.

Wasn't that a Real Bout 1 advertisement? It's not the RBFF1 cover as the billboard
biggrin.gif

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
oops.
biggrin.gif
i'm going by australian spelling here. thought it was a universal thing. just like liters and litres. bah. o_0

waitwaitwaitwaitwait... there's two advertisements, one with Geese, Ripper, Hopper, and Billy, and there's one on the far left with Terry and Rick Strowd's leg.

[This message has been edited by Bufa (edited April 21, 2001).]

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Can't really tell whether that was Shermie on the "Selfish" board...though I think I spotted Athena above the Andy/Mai billboard. Ryo and Benimaru also make an appearance in the 2nd/3rd stages.

Interesting...Kaede and Moriya can travel through time like Kim.
eyemouth.gif

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

LLJ

New Challenger
Yeah Beni can also be seen in the BG. Also some people claim it's yamazaki in the cab screaming. Keade is awakened in the second round and has to be restrained.

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fat Cat Lim:
Interesting...Kaede and Moriya can travel through time like Kim.
eyemouth.gif

i think Lee Rekka also has that ability, because i reckon he's Gato's father. (compare the shot of Gato's father in his ending to Lee, the uniforms are the same.)

that'd make for an interesting Omake team.

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Speaking of which, doesn't Lee Rekka have 2 different endings in Last Blade 2? Looks kinda weird, especially with that stupid stunned look on his face. What the heck is that supposed to be about?

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
Where is Benimaru in the BG? I've seen Ryo trying to explain why he crashed his bike in a bus in the left side of screen in the 3rd round, but not Beni....

------------------
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Tomorrow's not looking good either.