Area 51 Arcade p2 Gun (problems)

obot64

New Challenger
I have the original ara51 game, and the player 2 light gun works... but it is noticeably inaccurate.

I don't particularly know alot about light gun games, so i figured that i would post here for ideas, and links to information.

-Thanks

segundosombra

Cheng's Errand Boy
You should clean the lens at both sides and verify its correct location. And must calibrate the guns again.

Last edited:

obot64

New Challenger
"verify its correct location" what do you mean by that?

I understand the recalibration though.

obot64

New Challenger
Thanks!!! how did you learn about light gun games? any links to websites?

segundosombra

Cheng's Errand Boy
I dont have any links for this kind of device, I have shared info and tips with arcade people during several years.

obot64

New Challenger
Things have gone from bad to worse! The player 2 gun has completely stopped working. When I investigate it, it seems that the electric wires are a little loose!

When i push them in the gun work fine, but naturally over time gravity takes its course and the gun stops workign aging.

Has anyone else had this problem? or know a quick solution? I have not opened up the gun yet, and I'm a little afraid to, I hear they are sensitive.

after looking at this schematic: http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/optical/96210017e.htm

it looks like the cord that goes into the hose harness plate has some loose connections.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
obot64 said:
I have not opened up the gun yet, and I'm a little afraid to, I hear they are sensitive.

It ain't gonna fix itself, open it up. You're either going to fix it or it will still be broken.