The future of the Sega Dreamcast...

Zepy

n00b
Its slowly becoming a platform where all the best love sims go to! Guess which love sim newbie is happy!

*thinks of buying PS2 to play Enix's True Love Story 3*

Crazy Bee

n00b
Lucky... being able to read Japanese without trouble must be fun.
biggrin.gif

Later.

------------------
Come get Mad OwNeD...

LLJ

New Challenger
In a couple of years the Dreamcast will be a very popular collector's item, perhaps even more popular then the Saturn...

------------------
" Joe, once again you are being far too loud. Die quietly please or I shall have to ask you to leave!"

-Wolfgang Krauser-

So true, LLJ. I was one of those guys that bought it for only Soul Calibur, but now, there are so many other games worth getting it for. Fighting games alone are well worth it, but other genres are also great on DC.

Later.

------------------
=*\/*=OrOchiNagI SAiYaN=*\/*=

ONRiP4NoW _\/_

Pollyanna

n00b
If I've said this once, I've said this a thousand times..when the DC came out, I thought it would inevitably do mediocre like the Saturn did...but then I thought about all the great games that were Saturn exclusives and asked myself "Can you afford NOT to get this system!?"
I dunno what I'd do without my DC.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Anyone ever tried Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix plus the Club Appends for the DC?

If I had money, I'd be getting those games first plus the dance mat for the system. I've read FAQs that stated that the DC dance mat sucked Baos though.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Buy Daytona... Daytona! Hell... its the GOD of racing games...!

~Rolllinnggg Staaarrrrttt!~

Racers and Fighters... are THE ABSOLUTE BEST only on the Dreamcast...

Maybe I should buy Grandia...

------------------
Ed aka Burning Ranger #23
God of the Hornet, Master of Powersliding (and KOF Junkie)
"Rolling... STOP!"

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
Anyone ever tried Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix plus the Club Appends for the DC?

I've got DDR 2nd Mix but I'm still trying to find Club(too lazy to get enough money to buy the mat though)

The DC's by far a console for any genre of game (Shenmue/Grandia for RPG fans,tons of fighing games,Tony Hawk and the 2k series for sports fans.We got them all)

Has anyone had any troubles with their joysticks?Mine seems to be more loose than before.Sometimes it gets stuck in one direction(eg you block and the stick won't move back to its neutral position)as well

darkkyo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
eh, i got one of the dance dance revolutions for dreamcast (borrowing plus matt).
i wanted boom boom dollar!
frown.gif

anyways, dreamcast is awesome, and so far, the fighting games are awesome. pricewise, (i work at a game store) they're slowly going up... so grab a fighting game that you know is good now before it gets pricey.

------------------
The birth of humanity was fated to deny the divine destiny of the destinies...

koolking

Super Spy Agent
I have to admit having a dreamcast and every system relased except sega cd dreamcast does have good games. Though the real issue is since Sega no longer makes Dreamcasts how long will the continue to support the hardware? Though people like to point out that dreamcast has good games and it does usually a system that has good games and gets discontinued they get ported.i.e. Resident Evil Code Veronica. Also look at it this way though I do think $99 is a good deal. I am not dissing dreamcast just pointing out the pros and cons of the current sega situation. Also did any one notice the dropped out of the Tokyo game show. Everone else even microsoft was there.
------------------
Nasakenai

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Even if they put out no more games for the DreamCast from this day forward, it would still be worth owning one just for the games available now, IMO. I plan to pick up an extra DC unit in case mine should fail down the road.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
the DC is the shit. i will ALWAYS play SSF2T
and KOF DM on my DC. long live 2d-fighting
on the DC!!! A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
I think the DC support will last for a good while. Since the price drop, they've sold even more units. It would be stupid and bad on Sega's part to just cut off a user base this large. Ive own ever sega system, I have to say this is the best. Aside from the Genesis, cause it was my first console.

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
I still remember the Sonic first sonic commercial. In it sonic is pissing off some old lady against him. The screens shots back then in commercials were generous, It showed Sonic in all of the stages, at that time I hadn't seen a game move that fast. I knew had to get a genesis.

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:
Even if they put out no more games for the DreamCast from this day forward, it would still be worth owning one just for the games available now, IMO. I plan to pick up an extra DC unit in case mine should fail down the road.

I was thinking abt buying an extra unit too, mine is the US version, thinking of buying one of those limited edition Jap versions. Yes it's true, I bought my DC shortly before they announced they are stopping production for, but I dun regret my decision cos. I bought it for the present games it has now and for that alone it it worth it.

Anyway, been to some Xbox forums lately, interesting to know that actually most pple hated PS2, and some of them even went on to declare that Xbox will be DC2 to them. Given the capabilities, Xbox definitely has the potential to be next 2D console.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

Beast of Fire

Quiz Detective
The Dreamcast is THE BEST CONSOLE I have ever had the honor of owning. I finally have most of my favorite arcade games at home (good for practice and fun to beat friends up on), and lots of other cool games to boot (Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, etc.). I love my Dreamcast!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Get out of my way, or I'll make you sorry that you didn't."

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I'm not sure if this is official, but I did read somewhere that the Dreamcast will be getting 65 new titles, with no more games scheduled for release or supported after March of 2002.

I THINK this is either on the Magic Box of Madman's Cafe... I don't remember at the present time. Anyhow... hopes this helps someone out there.
smile.gif

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nari:
I was thinking abt buying an extra unit too, mine is the US version, thinking of buying one of those limited edition Jap versions. Yes it's true, I bought my DC shortly before they announced they are stopping production for, but I dun regret my decision cos. I bought it for the present games it has now and for that alone it it worth it.

Anyway, been to some Xbox forums lately, interesting to know that actually most pple hated PS2, and some of them even went on to declare that Xbox will be DC2 to them. Given the capabilities, Xbox definitely has the potential to be next 2D console.

I want to get one of those Sakura Tai Sen DreamCasts.
biggrin.gif
In addition to an extra regular one.

VinylBoy is right, they announced that there will be at least sixty-five more games, to be released up through March of next year. That is the Japanese release schedule, though. I wonder how many will make it to U.S. shores?

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie
pm_segalogo.gif

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I kind of like the comment above about continuing to support the Dreamcast: because it would be stupid of Sega to cut off a user base this large...

Wait a second!!! That sounds just like SNK... Arrgh!!!

So since I'm a Neo player with a DC, I'm about to be disenfranchised for the second time. The horror!

---
"No disintegrations. Well, maybe just a few..."

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
It sucks that the Dreamcast is going bye-bye.
mad.gif

Sega didn't give any 2D game producers any sort of grief.

As for Sony's attitude toward 2D titles... Sony can kiss my ass. If they tell Capcom basically that they don't want any Mega Man/SF III type stuff, what would they tell SNK?
frown.gif

On the bright side- I've got a preorder in on Mark of the Wolves.
smile.gif
We've gotta get Metal Slug 3 as well (come on SNK!). The DC needs the titles to make it go out with a bang. 65 games in the pipeline isn't bad for the DC's final year. That's room for a lot of good games.

(edit: I threw a
mad.gif
up in the top sentence, because the impending death of the DC sucks THAT much.)
------------------

[This message has been edited by Jackal (edited April 27, 2001).]

Beast of Fire

Quiz Detective
Is Garou REALLY coming to the Dreamcast? That is going to kick ass.
smile.gif

Also, most ppl on the forums here say that the Dreamcast ports of SNK games are crappy. Is this true (I know they aren't as good as the arcade versions, but they seem alright to me)? Are there specific differences?

------------------
BOFtagX.gif

Get out of my way, or I'll make you sorry that you didn't.

darkkyo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Beast of Fire:
Is Garou REALLY coming to the Dreamcast? That is going to kick ass.
smile.gif

Also, most ppl on the forums here say that the Dreamcast ports of SNK games are crappy. Is this true (I know they aren't as good as the arcade versions, but they seem alright to me)? Are there specific differences?

yup, garou motw is confirmed for dreamcast, someone posted up the cd covers once i believe on this bb. as for snk ports for dc, they're pretty good. they enhance the backrounds to be 3d (kof 99 evo looked really good)plus some backrounds recieved a better look (like the sewer stage or krizalids stage), they enhanced the sound files so certain attacks or voices sound better, transparent effects were added, and it uses arranged music. the bad things were, there was loading per round, kof 98 had the music stop per round (very annoying), and no vga box support
frown.gif

------------------
The birth of humanity was fated to deny the divine destiny of the destinies...