Last blade modes

TKHM

n00b
Which mode do you use for the characters?

I use power mode with everyone except Kojiro. And I use both power and speed for Lee and Moriya. I just can't get power Kojiro to work, her standing close B is too slow.

For Moriya, which mode is better?
Almost forgot to add that I am talking about the second game...

------------------
I am a lurker, don't mind me
-TKHM

[This message has been edited by TKHM (edited April 18, 2001).]

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
In general Speed mode is like an 'easy' or beginner mode and Power is the more technical one. However some characters are meant to be played in speed Mode for maximum effect.

Moriya's actually one of a few characters who can work well in either mode.

I used to know who used what best offhand, but the only one I remember for sure is to use Yuki with Power. It makes her almost unstoppable in the first Last Blade and pretty damn near unstoppable in LB2.

TKHM

n00b
Yuki is my first character in LB1 and LB2, she's pretty cool, though I think they weakened her in LB2.

I really like LB's character designs, and for someone who choose the fighters based solely on looks, it is very good
smile.gif

Anyone else want to post something on Last Blade?

------------------
-TKHM

TKHM

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EvilMattMUN:
I used to play a killer Speed Juzoh in LB1.

TRANSLATION: I suck, but it's fun.

Heh I need to do that sometimes, sounds fun
smile.gif

------------------
-TKHM

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i almost always use "EX" mode,
and rarely speed mode

power's good only for Kaede...

CHILD

n00b
I use EX mode with everyone. It just gives more options, although your life does get drained quickly playing against a tough opponent.

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
If I feel like I cant take em down with decisive hits, in Pow mode. I move to speed. I play Moriya, Washizuki, and Kagami. I kind of dont like Pow that much, casue the fights go faster.

LLJ

New Challenger
Power mode is best for Amano. EX mode makes him too vulrenable for hits, although it can be fun from time to time..

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah, Amano ROCKS in Power mode.

Anyways like people have been saying:

Speed mode: Offensive/pressure/heavy comboing mode. You get Deadly Rave-like custom comboes instead of DMs

Power mode: More moves, regular attacks to a little bit of block damage, not as comboable, you have DMS and SDMS.

EX mode: The best of both worlds BUT you take VERY heavy damage. This is something of an expert mode.

Synapse

n00b
Every single time I use Moriya, I opt for the Speed Mode. Maybe the attacks just suit me better...

TKHM

n00b
Wow, I didn't know so many people use EX mode, I always thought it was not worth it because of the handicap.
smile.gif

Guess I need retrain my EX mode characters, I've been ignoring EX mode(and speed mode) far too long.
smile.gif

Thanks.

------------------
-TKHM

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Synapse: I know how you feel, I actually feel somewhat crippled using Moriya in Power mode because he loses some comboes that I like.

TKHM: Think of EX as EXpert mode, like the EX characters in Real Bout Fatal Fury Special.
smile.gif

TKHM

n00b
Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
Synapse: I know how you feel, I actually feel somewhat crippled using Moriya in Power mode because he loses some comboes that I like.

What combo do you use? For speed/ex Moriya, after the default chain, I try for 2 of the triple slash thing then end it with the a button moon slash followed by a b button moon slash, but my timing is not that great and I often settle with the triple slash thingie as the combo ender. For power mode I don't have to worry about a button moon slash linked into b button moon slash because you are not allowed to do it.
smile.gif

------------------
-TKHM

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I generally go with power mode since I like to have SDMs at my disposal, using EX mode agst CPU is kinda suicidal, they just deflect your moves and 1 slash, a lot of life down.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

TKHM

n00b
Nevermind my last post, I've just realized that while linking the double uppercut after 2 of the triple slashes with Moriya in speed/EX mode looks really cool (like a broken combo), it does LESS damage than the normal triple slash ender...
smile.gif

My EX Moriya is kinda decent now, his combo is even stronger than the power mode one! So the handicap is not really bad.(both fighters lose life quickly, not just Moriya) I actually prefer EX mode for Moriya now.
smile.gif

However, for characters that already take more damage than usual(Hibiki, Yuki..etc), they lose life WAY too quickly! weak + weak = very weak! And so yes, I can only win 50% of the time against CPU when I am using EX characters other than Moriya....So, like Nari said, it's still pretty much suicidal...I need more training.

Later.

------------------
-TKHM

TKHM

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinkyo:
I am use EX mode for kagami and Speed mode for kadee

Shinkyo: I use power Kagami.
Speed mode Kaede? I've always thought Kaede is strong in power because of the super cancel...

Daigo: Do you mix the low hits in your chain? I can't seem to do it in speed/EX characters without messing up the rest of my combo. The CPU also likes to mix in overhead when I am crouch blockin, and unlike KOF overhead is still and overhead when linked.

--------------------------------------

-TKHM

[This message has been edited by TKHM (edited April 19, 2001).]

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Depends on the character... speed for, say, Akari or Lee. Akari can reach super levels of cheese in speed mode. Power for Kaede, Yuki. Moriya - either. Yuki is obscenely powerful in LB1 power mode. I'm not as familiar with LB2 as with LB1 because I don't have access to an LB2 machine.

Ganbu - doesn't matter... either way, vs. the CPU, I'm DOOMED. How the heck do you use turtle-boy, anyway?

TKHM

n00b
Ganbu?
He's really weak in LB1, his turtles are small and doesn't hurt that much.

In LB2 he is really annoying (CPU) His turtles get really big, hurt a lotand can cover a large distance in quite a short time(B version) His tripping move is unblockable and takes off 50% of a bar. His antiair roll is an overhead and his spinning move can be super cancelled into his wind DM. Kiss good bye to move than half of you life when he does that after a successful repel. The other character that I hate more than this guy is Shigen. I just don't know how to attack him without getting repel/countered/thrown.

------------------
-TKHM

i 4got how 2 get kouryuu(last boss) playable. just looking @ his ability 2 switch from power 2 speed freaks me out. does any1 know about this code?

TKHM

n00b
To select Kouryu, place the cursor over Kaede on the character select
screen, and within four seconds...
1. Push C ten times.
2. Push B five times.
3. Push C four times.

Taken from Deuce's FAQ in GameFaqs.
I always hate it when he switch mode to dodge my attack and counter with the throw DM...

------------------
-TKHM

OK let's list my unusual finding on LB.

Speed:
1. Can cancel their "running attack." From this you can come up with this combo: (Hibiki) Run, B, d+B, BC, qcf+A
2. Can juggle their opponent's after being "lifted" by their BC attacks

Power:
1. Can two-in-one their f+K attacks. Example for Hibiki: f+K, qcb,hcf+AB(DM move)

* Both modes can juggle using their f+K attacks but it is easier in Power since you can two-in-one from their f+K attacks.

A 150+ damage Hibiki(yes, I'm a Hibiki player) combo:
after a successful counter(D), dp+K, Low Speed Custom Combo, d+B, qcb,hcf+AB(DM move)
* you need a full super bar and a flashing life for this one
* you should stop the Low Speed Custom Combo after the FIRST hit then continue to the d+B

yes an unusual property of Hibiki's Low Custom Combo is that some moves will combo from it right after the first hit
Hibiki's dp+K will combo into these moves: Low Custom Combo, SDM, DM, qcf+A

Hey can somebody here tell me how to do Setsuna's special DM right after his SDM? I kinda forgot about it since I haven't played Setsuna for a looong time now.

------------------
Stand still so I can hit ya! Wuss!!!

[This message has been edited by Kuroi Sabato (edited April 23, 2001).]

TKHM

n00b
The stuff you posted are cool. I'm trying those right now.

Setsuna's SDM into DM? I think you have to do four (or three) hcf C in a row and end the combo with a qcfx2 AB...or something like that, I can't remember.

------------------
-TKHM