monitor issues...please help

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
what could be causing this:

DSCN8456.jpg

I had to hack the plug on the cab to another plug so it would fit...the only wires that I am not 100% sure are hooked up right are the two red power wires. I may have switched them when swapping plugs....would that make a difference? It's all I can think of...Any ideas?

Please help me out

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
It almost seems as if it's sending the wrong resolution/sync rate to the monitor... what type of monitor is it? low rez, med, hi, trisync?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ShmengeTravel said:
It almost seems as if it's sending the wrong resolution/sync rate to the monitor... what type of monitor is it? low rez, med, hi, trisync?

It's a low and medium resolution monitor...a nanao monitor for sure...i forget the # though...it's 29"

Also, I plugged in XTOM 3d and it had the same outcome in both medium and low resolution....just the lines were closer together.

Last edited:

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
wow that is really strange. I had that same problem with two different scenarios:

1. Trying to run dosmame
2. Running hi-rez naomi on a medium rez monitor

So it *appears* that it's sending an incorrect rez/refresh, but if you tried those then it's bigger than that. Was it working before? Did it just stop working recently or did you just pick this cab up?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ShmengeTravel said:
wow that is really strange. I had that same problem with two different scenarios:

1. Trying to run dosmame
2. Running hi-rez naomi on a medium rez monitor

So it *appears* that it's sending an incorrect rez/refresh, but if you tried those then it's bigger than that. Was it working before? Did it just stop working recently or did you just pick this cab up?

It's an old cab but this is the first time I have popped in this monitor. So who knows?..........hopefully someone around here. I was told it was working when I bought it :crying:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I just talked to the guy that sold it to me and he said he thinks the sync is reversed...hor and vert....and he said try switching them. How do I do this?

anyone have an astro city manual?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
What happens when you tweak the horizontal hold pot ??

If I mess with the HOR position I can get the lines to stop moving, but it still looks like a ton of lines.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ShmengeTravel said:

Well....seems like you were right after all :D

I swapped the plug from the monitor chassis from 24k to 15k and everything works perfectly. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!