Questions About Samurai Shodown Universe....

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
1. What happened to Gen-An? He disappeared for good after Samurai Shodown II..... WHY? He was freaking cool!

2. Same to Wan-Fu... I believe SS II was his last appearence.... why? What happened to him?

3. If you know a website that talks about the history of each Shodown character, I'd appreciate it. Like for example, I know Terry Bogard's father was killed by Geese.
So what's the story behind Haohmaru? Gen-An? Tam-Tam? etc.

Thanks!

------------------
"Hanzou, this time you better finish it off!"
-Fuuma

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
The storyline reasoning for those characters to not appear was made at the last second unfortunately. They were dropped because Garapagos was already putting a huge amount (maybe too much) time into redrawing and animating the SS cast for SS3. I would say popularity was an issue but then again Cham-Cham, Yagyue Jubei, Caffiene Nicotine, and Neinhalt Sieger were dropped as well for SS3.

Besides, since Gen-an's SS ending involves him getting into a fight with Riyaku Todoh, it probably means that Riyaku murdered him. Whether or not this happened before or after AoF1 and how it ties in with Kim Kap Kwan transcending space and time remains a mystery.
smile.gif

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve:
1. What happened to Gen-An? He disappeared for good after Samurai Shodown II..... WHY? He was freaking cool!

2. Same to Wan-Fu... I believe SS II was his last appearence.... why? What happened to him?

Wan Fu, Sieger, Earthquake, Gen-an, & Cham Cham all disappear in SS3 and reappear in SS4 in cameo roles.

If you beat the SS4 under a certain time (hence the timer in the corner), you'll see a parting shot of either Sieger or Wan Fu, back turned to the player, looking over the jagged mountains.

Cham Cham appears in Tam Tam's ending.

Earthquake and Gen-an appear in Genjuro's (I think it was Genjuro) ending (they've become agents of the underworld, coming to claim his soul).

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I'm almost positive that's in Genjuro's ending.

I meant to say also, Cham-Cham has no purpose to be in the other games. The reason she was in SS2 was because Tam-Tam got turned into a monkey by his gods for not defending their homeland well or something like that, the curse is lifted after SS2 though, so Cham-Cham just, uh, hangs out on that beach I guess for all eternity ^_^.