Metal Slug Anthology (PSP) Review

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
msa_psp_cover.jpg

I finally finished my Metal Slug Anthology review, which I have posted over at my site. If you want to read it, you can find it here:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/viewpage.php?page_id=289

I'm enjoying the game and glad I bought it, but the issues it has are very annoying. Still well worth the purchase though imho.

Kaz

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Nice review!
I agree with most all of it.
My biggest gripe is in MS1 where the games goes to load and you end up getting knifed from behind as action continues. :mad:

One thing I caught though.
Where you're timing the seconds for MS3, where you have the speeds listed....
You have "Character Change" where I think you mean "Character Select."

But that's just nit-picking I guess.

Does the Euro version feature the Tonko art in the inside sleeve as well? Or is that just the US version? (I guess this applies asking toward the Japanese version too. :emb: )

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
US, Euro & Jap ver 've exactly the same content :) Except the title (Anthology becomes Complete in Jap) on the pics.
Tonko's sig is also on Euro arts :)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Mutation said:
US, Euro & Jap ver 've exactly the same content :) Except the title (Anthology becomes Complete in Jap) on the pics.
Tonko's sig is also on Euro arts :)
You've confused me.
I just mean the insert in the case, spanning the sleeve cover. Not the in game art.
If that' s what you mean too, I'm sorry for not understanding. :confused:

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Kazuya_UK said:
msa_psp_cover.jpg

I finally finished my Metal Slug Anthology review, which I have posted over at my site. If you want to read it, you can find it here:

I'm enjoying the game and glad I bought it, but the issues it has are very annoying. Still well worth the purchase though imho.

Kaz

I have checkout the review you did. Nice job! I am gonna order a Jap copy from Play-asia. I was sort of having second toughts about getting it for the PSP, but thanks to the Review you gave it, I am for sure gonna get it.

Cheers Mate :)

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
KagerouSama said:
You've confused me.
I just mean the insert in the case, spanning the sleeve cover. Not the in game art.
If that' s what you mean too, I'm sorry for not understanding. :confused:

;) No prob. I talked about UMD content :)

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Kazuya_UK said:
msa_psp_cover.jpg

Kaz

Great review. I agree %100. There are so many problems with these ports, but it is ALL THE SLUGS PORTABLE, which makes up for quite a bit of it. When you play something like Salamander Portable, which doesn't suffer from any of these load times or technical issues it makes you wish Konami handled the port!

I really enjoy your site and have been reading the reviews on there for years. Love your stuff!

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Nice review!
I agree with most all of it.
My biggest gripe is in MS1 where the games goes to load and you end up getting knifed from behind as action continues. :mad:

One thing I caught though.
Where you're timing the seconds for MS3, where you have the speeds listed....
You have "Character Change" where I think you mean "Character Select."

But that's just nit-picking I guess.

Does the Euro version feature the Tonko art in the inside sleeve as well? Or is that just the US version? (I guess this applies asking toward the Japanese version too. :emb: )

I put character select I think - unless you mean a different part of the review? As for the art in the sleeve the UK version doesn't have that, but it does have the art gallery and also wallpapers on the UMD that you can save to the memory card for use on the PSP or your PC.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you enjoyed the review! I'm still addicted to this game and it's stopping me from playing other stuff I have waiting. Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 review is next I hope, either that or Last Hope for the DC.

Kaz