Flourescant light problems on Neo-25. New issues!!

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
I just recieved my sweeeeeeet new candy cab in the mail on friday

2000164590067826623_fs.jpg

and of course, the light is out. ~_~

2000161401181050106_fs.jpg

I took a pic of the printed label on the bulb (what you can see of it) but I'm sure a lot of you already know what the suitable replacement information is and when I can get one. Please help! I'm located in the US. If there are any chain stores that happen to carry metric bulbs that I could go to (or that could special order one for me) also let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Piece of cake. I replaced mine at home depot. Just bring the bulb in, and they'll find one that's similar. I bought a candy off this website, and he said "light doesn't work". It's a 4 dollar fix!

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
nice (they really have metric size flourescant tubes??) I'll be sure to do that this weekend.

I can't wait for my marquees to glow. :drool_2:

Last edited:

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Gah!

I got a new flourescant from Home Depot. It was very easy, thanks! I was in and out in less than 2 minutes.

Problem is I bring it home, install it, and the thing still doesnt light up! I tried to check all of the wires to the best of my ability to make sure that everything was plugged in. I'm pretty sure that the flourescant is the white and black wire that plugs into the 3 square plug on the black box (real technical terms, I know). Can anyone give me info on things I should check for or replacement things I can get? THanks!

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
check that your starter is still good. Chances are it is blown, youre old bulb may still be good even. They are usally the small screw in kind with either a plastic or glass head on it. You may not have much luck finding one at home despot so try http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/. Minimum 30 order but you might as well buy a few.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmm..Maybe check the Starter..That silverish tube like thing connected to white box the light is on.

I'm not sure if there is a fuse to the light..

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
check that your starter is still good. Chances are it is blown, youre old bulb may still be good even. They are usally the small screw in kind with either a plastic or glass head on it. You may not have much luck finding one at home despot so try http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/. Minimum 30 order but you might as well buy a few.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
The starter is about the size of a small stack of nickles. It can be white plastic, metallic, or black in color... turn it a little to the left to line up the holes and it will life right out.

Home Depot, Lowes, Ace True Value, or any other generic hardware store will have them.

RJ

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Wait, is this where the starter is supposed to go? If so, then it's "non-functional" = P

If someone can give me the model information then I can go to Home Depot and get it. Thanks!

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
yep, looks like it man. The starters on all 4 of my Jcabs, including my MVS-U4 all use the same kind which is the small screw in piece as described eariler. That number is FG-1E and it is made by a couple different companies. Heres a link to one.....

http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/pg0827/38462.htm

good luck man. If you find some of those in the US pease do post up and tell me where! I need 2 of these currently and am trying to find a place before ordering of for them.

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
well crap.

I went to Lowe's and bought a new ballast and starters that look nothing like that. stupid thing = /

I guess switching the balast out wouldn't start it would it without a starter? The guy there said you didnt even need a starter with that balast. = /

EDIT: I just bought a starter through www.servicelighting.com

It's 16 shipped, but it's better than having to buy lots of them. Let's hope this solves the problem!!!!

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
not bad. Much more expensive but youre right, just buy the one you need and be done with it. Im probably going to end up buying a gang of em as a few of my cabinets currently need them. You should be fine after throwing that in there. I thought about changing the ballast in mine but to be honest I would much rather keep everything original.

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
I would rather keep the original as well ^_^, though I have it now if it needs to be replaced. = P

Here's hopin it works!!!