Xbox mod problems ... it can't be done

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I recently tried getting my Halo edition Xbox modded so I can put my games on a bigger hard drive, but the shop said my motherboard is not capable of it. I'm here in South Korea where this stuff is a common service downtown. Does anyone out there know why it can't be done?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I'm guessing they were going to use a modchip that is only compatible with older motherboards and they don't have a modchip that suits your newer one. Now if they were going to softmod it, I have no idea. I stay away from that softmod stuff.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
If you are referring to installing a modchip, some boards are more difficult to mod than others, and they may not want to hassle with it.

It's possible with any board though.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Who do you suggest contacting then? I just want to be able to put my games on a larger hard drive. This will be going into my Xbox store display and I don't want to screw around with changing games out. I'm looking for around 120gig.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I've got a friend at Osan AB, and from what he has told me getting an Xbox modded over there is dead easy. Shop around and see if you can find any other modders over there willing to modify (I assume a version 1.6x) motherboard.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
68k said:
I've got a friend at Osan AB, and from what he has told me getting an Xbox modded over there is dead easy. Shop around and see if you can find any other modders over there willing to modify (I assume a version 1.6x) motherboard.
Thats were I'm at. Osan

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey man, go to Yongsan market. There is a new shopping mall with computer parts where you will end up when you exit the subway. That one has nothing, but the older one closer to the movie theater and parking house definitely has people you should talk to for this kind of things. I don't remember if that building has two or three floors, but it's probably on the second floor out of three floors they do these things. Shop around. They can definitely fix it. They were probably out of stock of 1.6 version chips. For 120GB, you don't even need an LBA48 patched bios to make it run so I don't think it'll be difficult.

SSS

neo retired
The softmod works great. Relatively easy to figure out. Shouldn't mess up as long as you don't mess with flashing bios.