Mark of the Wolves!

G

Gojira

Best SNK fighter ever, in my book. At least the best Fatal Fury. Anyone else like it?

Guess my favorite character!
<-------------HINT

As long as I'm on the subject... what's Jenet's 3rd DM? My friend showed it to me once, it's like a counter move, but I don't know how it's done.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yeah man !! I got it for Neo IT RULE'S yes it's the best Fatal Fury ever great sound graphic's etc... when you compare SF3 to MOTW there is not much difference !I dont know the move's for jenet never played whit her never will I AM TERRY PLAYER !!
smile.gif

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif

"Dont play with Fire !!"

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Gojira: B Janet's 3rd special move requires a P-level bar (two power bars), close to the opponent, and she has to Just Defend. Immediately, press A, B, and C to get her special. Damn funny one. She takes off her shoe, smacks her opponent, then apologises to the game viewer.
icon25.gif

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

MOTW is the SHIT. One of if not the best 2D fighter ever. Beautiful and brilliant, gotta love it.

A_Sombra

New Challenger
I really liked B Jenet's counter DM. It does so much damage and that graphic...

BTW, one must push A, B and C in quick succession... just defend then run over the buttons very quickly.

YEAAAAAH
This game is soooooo goooodddd
Freeman rox!
The coolest DM IMO is Dong's 3.rd DM...
But that's just me I guess---

------------------
LOOK MOMMY!
I AM STILL A SUPERSTAR!!!

So I'm assuming I should plop down my $600 for it, because it's that good. It's the only one in the series that I haven't played yet. I'm assuming from what I've seen that it has a different style then the previous FF games. Any hidden chars ect.

------------------
Let me get my tool...
Thats not a tool its a brick!

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Big Hed:
So I'm assuming I should plop down my $600 for it, because it's that good. It's the only one in the series that I haven't played yet. I'm assuming from what I've seen that it has a different style then the previous FF games. Any hidden chars ect.

It will be the best $600 you ever spent.
smile.gif

------------------
--Neo Addict Since 1991--

It's all about the Kim Dong Hwan!!
This cocky guy has the speed of his dad and some cool new moves to boot!!!

I like his winning pose when Kim flies down from the sky and scares the shit outta him - not to mention the post-win chicken taunt!

------------------
Its not about logic, its about bowing down to me.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ITS WELL WORTH THE 600, A VERY GOOD GAME.
MANY NEW FACES, A GREAT STORYLINE.......

[This message has been edited by Lord Wolfgang Krauser (edited April 13, 2001).]

Yojimbo

n00b
I don't think MOTWolves is as good as Kof2000.In my arcade knowone (except me) plays it at all.

Its like theres something wrong with it but nobody is telling me what that is.

Maybe people are to Kof biased to play it...?

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
Of the Fatal Furys, I think Real Bout was a better series. I thought the just defend sucked cause, even if I missed the just, I would go into a block anyway. After I started praciting it, it became abusive, for characters like Rock that deal damage. I could repeatedly tap back get a just or a block. Similar problem to SF3.

I didn't like the story cause it didn't explain what I wanted to know about Geese and his relatives. droping hints of the past was cool. Maybe a prequel will help.

I couldn't I dentify with some of the characters, even if they were good and worth playing. LIke K.Ryan, Rod, The creepy guy. I know Kevin was worth playing but Rod was just Ryo. I was looking for the shoto twist of play, ie. Sean(SF3). Unorthodox.

And the game was too similar to SF3. If it truly was to do better than SF3, beating it at its own game. Then in my opinion it failed. It didn't quite get SF3's strengths, like its combo sys.(MOTW's felt very capcom buffery) But got its flaws, parring, and character line up(it grows on you though), and vague storyline. By no means a bad game.

I hope I'm not draging this too far off subject, but where does MotW fit in history wise cause I thought RBFF happens in the future.

darkkyo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
G

Gojira

Ah, A,B,C. Got it now, thanks.

And listen to these ppl, Big Hed. It's worth the money. If I had the $$$ and a Neo right now I'd buy it myself. Hell I could think of several ppl who would buy a Neo for it, it's what got them into the Neo scene.
smile.gif

Heh anyone else have oddball third supers? I know Marco and Dong do. What about Griffin? Freeman?

I know some Marco fan is gonna flame me, but I just realised.... His 3rd super (qcfx3 P) looks a lot like Dan's from SFZ!!

I dont think Marco is a worthy addition to the Kyokugenryu school!! He's just like.... a big joke!

------------------
Its not about logic, its about bowing down to me.

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I guess I'm pampered by the huge cast of 2k, it's kinda boring to use 1 character at a time and being pro female characters user, B. Jenet and Hotaru fails to attract hence the lack of interest in the game. The graphics are good but find the sparks too distracting and the explosions smoke looks like ugly beehives to me. Always had the impression that MOTW was an attempt on the part of SNK to win over the SF players, the commands for supers and the light attacks for lvl 1, heavy for lvl 2 and of course the just defended system, the art style of the ending pics looks highly similar to that of SF. But will still get the game when its out on DC.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
The funniest thing about MOTW... B Jenet's strange super when she pulls off her shoe and starts whacking you to death with it!
smile.gif

Garou is an excellent title... maybe not boasting the character selection of KOF 2000, but the new characters are definitely worth talking about. It amazes me how SNK can continually come up with such interesting character designs.

BTW, Krauser... you had to pay $600 for it? Why not just take the chance and just pay the initial price for it on release? Pre-order, pre-order, pre-order!!!

Only had to pay $260 for the US version...

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 17, 2001).]

I

ImMature

Damnit why doesn't anybody but me realize the wholesomeness of Hokutomaru at my local arcade?? It's STILL Freeman vs Freeman all day!

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
Ah freeman's a joke. Should've put in a mature Iori.

I wanna see MOTW combo vids or fights. I'd like to see K. Ryans and Gato's fighting style put to use. I can imagine the fights, but my version of MOTW is too easy.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martial Loh:
It's all about the Kim Dong Hwan!!
This cocky guy has the speed of his dad and some cool new moves to boot!!!

I like his winning pose when Kim flies down from the sky and scares the shit outta him - not to mention the post-win chicken taunt!

hmm i'm not sure about that. The sprite looks like the guys brother but I can be wrong about that since I heard way back that the only reason its his bro there instead of his dad is cuz they didn't have enough room or something. care to explain??

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Black_Hayato, it's interesting what you've said about Freeman. It's not the first time I've heard it. I must admit, though, I have always had a problem with the character of Iori. First off, his outfit.

Now, I know that the clothing in these games is by no stretch realistic, but what's with the Seinfled "Puffy Shirt" and the belt on the legs. The belt thing was popular for about a week in London and was right out. It just looks stupid. And the whole band thing? What's with that? He's in a band? Is it an evil band? Goofy.

Freeman, as a character, seems to actually fit the mold he is trying to fill. He's a dark, gothic, freakshow of a guy. His face is obscured by his hair, which is kinda creepy and his very stance seems to exude a very real, barely contained rage. All this without a Puffy Shirt. He still does the sissy girl scratch fight stuff, but that's ok. I guess it's just part of fighting dirty. I won't hold it against him.

I know that Iori has a huge following and I don't mean to insult anyone, but I just think the whole character design missed the mark. I've said it before in some of my first posts. Have any of you seen the EARLY Duran Duran video, Planet Earth? That's what Iori looks like. 16th century French Provincial gone mad. All he needs is a powdered wig and a snuff case. Maybe a faux mole for the sake of fashion as well. Iori would be laughed at on the street. Freeman would get a pretty big patch of sidewalk to himself were he hangin' somewhere. Just too creepy.

Oh yeah! MOTW is my favorite fighter as well. I am surprised that people call this game slow. Seems to me that if the player plays in an aggressive manner, this plays just as fast as any game (short of MvC2/SpazzFest).

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

::typos::

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited April 18, 2001).]

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
The belt thing was popular for about a week in London and was right out.

I think you're making a mistak about Iori's character when compared to Freeman's (as they're both VERY different characters).

Just keep in mind that the belt thing, etc. are out of style in many places NOW, but look at the looks of some J-Rock groups in existance at the moment. Iori's actually in a pretty realistic J-Rock getup, just a horrible 'fighting' outfit.
smile.gif

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Rasa, I agree about them being very different. I myself hadn't even considered the comparison until I started seeing it repeated so many times by others, hence my juxtaposition here. In any case, your J-Rock referrence is perfect. Which serves to strengthen my point.
biggrin.gif

J-Rockers look like dorks, Iori looks like a J-Rocker, Iroi looks like a dork.
icon25.gif

Seriously, I think the only reason they are compared in the first place has to do with the fact that both of them have the scratchy, girly moves and both have triple quater circle moves. Just a guess.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

::If I can get through one post w/o a typo, I may pass out::

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited April 18, 2001).]