Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
What do you think of this game? The conversation? I like it. Bright colors,
tight play. But I'll have to get use to the one punch, one kick, and one
special buttons.... I thought I might be getting two punch, two kick buttons
know what I mean? And I wish Big Bear or Raiden was in it.

Also.... the endings could have been more better

But overall I think it's a solid game to import. Anyone notice how when Kim K.
does that little "flash kick" of his... he yells "Wazzzup!"
wink.gif

------------------
"Good Night, Fuuma... Boodayakann!" -Hanzou

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Oops my bad, ignore that "to import" part... my mind was on the Saturn version at that time.... LOL Kim's Wazzup! Great stuff. That kick looks way better then Charlie's lame-o Flash Kick version..... "WAZZUP!"

------------------
"Good Night, Fuuma... Boodayakann!" -Hanzou

H

homeslice61886

Ive never noticed that on RBFFS for saturn thanks.do you own RBFF and FBFFS.Are there any codes for RBFFS for saturn.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
If you own a Neo Geo CD, and like the RBFFS game, you owe it to yourself to pick it up on CD as well. The "Blue Mary's Blues" music video at the end of the game sufficiently makes up for the cheese-ball endings. If you're not a fan of Blue Mary, you will be after getting to see this. For a video game girl, there's a few scenes in there where she looks pretty damn hot, to say the least...

lou_preview.gif

www.fanscene.org

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

I HAD THE CD YEARS AGO.
AND THAT BLUE MARY VIDEO BLEW ME AWAY!
WELL WORTH THE CD PRICE ALONE.
MARY IS DAMN FINE FOR A ANIMATED WOMAN..

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You know what I like about Fatal Fury Special?? THE PANDA! THE PANDA! He's cool but it's not a good idea to interrupt him while he's feeding! :>
In Real Bout 2 I wonder why Big Bear's Truck is on Terry and Rick's level? Would have been nice to see him in the background somewhere
frown.gif

We need more cameos in game backgrounds like
KOF 94' PAO PAO Cafe and Italy....
-BB

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Hey Big Bear, I've been thinkin' about the truck and I've been wondering, could it be TERRY'S truck?

I personally had always assumed Terry was a trucker because of the rig in their background in KoF'96 (like how Robert's car is there when you fight the AoF team in the same background).

Then again Big Bear is in that background, so maybe it's his truck?

Anyways I thought Big Bear was a good guy after Fatal Fury 1, so maybe him and the rest of the Garou crew hang out or something o_O;.

Have you ever played Street Smart? SNK's very first (and VERY fun) fighting game? There's a stage and enemy in it that I think is a prototype of sorts for Big Bear.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Street Smart, when I think about it, has been one of my first gaming memories and a very good one too. I was hooked onto that game... I loved it!!! The enemies were SO fricking cool and yes, there were Big Bear wannabes in wannabe BB stages!

I loved the 2 on 1 fights.... and the last box... a steriod version of Sagat with boxing gloves.... in that train.

SS had some sweet characters and backgrounds. I gotta find that rom again....

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
You know what I like about Fatal Fury Special?? THE PANDA! THE PANDA! He's cool but it's not a good idea to interrupt him while he's feeding! :>
-BB

is it just me or what,
ive always thought that panda in rbffs is indeed THAT striker in kof 2000....

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fran:
is it just me or what,
ive always thought that panda in rbffs is indeed THAT striker in kof 2000....

My thoughts exactly
smile.gif

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yup thats him his name is baitang!

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
did anybody notice Kim's degradation from RBFFS to RBFF2? the Hien Zan (the flash kick) and the Hou'ou Kyaku (rush SDM) looked twice as good in special. same for KoF, the Real Bout Special Kim is truly the best visual version.
biggrin.gif

------------------
- Bufa
The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.
Site: Freakling

D

DigiPunk

Hell yes ! RBFFS is Bad Ass! I picked it up from 16bit on cart last weekend, and have already played it several hours!

I love how that game just kicks it, especially in the selection screen -
"Hey- How's it going, dude? .... And let's Begin. Chose your favorite Character."
For a Japanese guy saying it, it sounds good and cheesy.

How could you forget that Blue Mary's Blues video? They even have it on the Saturn. Damn fine, I tell ya !

------------------

Respect your Elders - Play 2D.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
"Be Tough or Be Dead, Big Guy!"

.... Just too darn bad Big Bear/Raiden wasn't in it.... since it is "Special" I also wish Michael Max, Richard Meyer and all them were in it but oh well I guess.

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Besides the pheonix of Kim, I also liked Mai's SDM when she leaps towards you and spins ard you ending with an explosion, also loved her multiple fans darts move (qcf x 5).

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve:
Street Smart, when I think about it, has been one of my first gaming memories and a very good one too. I was hooked onto that game... I loved it!!! The enemies were SO fricking cool and yes, there were Big Bear wannabes in wannabe BB stages!

I loved the 2 on 1 fights.... and the last box... a steriod version of Sagat with boxing gloves.... in that train.

SS had some sweet characters and backgrounds. I gotta find that rom again....

I have that Genesis game! it was pretty cool.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
RBFFS is by far my favorite of the RB games. The combos that involved knocking your opponent into the second plane, then slamming them into you plane was a trip! Andy grab and explosion move was awesome too (Too bad it didn't do dick for damage!)! And my personnel favorite, Mary was pretty powerful in this game.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Speaking of RBFFS, was Terry's Power Charge/Rising Tackle combo a true combo or some computer cheat? If it is a true combo, how do you pull it off?

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Yojimbo

n00b
YeldellGW:-Speaking of RBFFS, was Terry's Power Charge/Rising Tackle combo a true combo or some computer cheat? If it is a true combo, how do you pull it off?

*As I remember I think its Jumpattack, a,b,forwardC(lineshift),backC,back/forward/forwardA(powercharge)...quickly hold diagonal down back(tricky)...upA for rising tackle OR do the triplepowerGeyser (only hits twice).

I think thats it I havent played that game in years.

Yojimbo

n00b
DuckKing and Blue Mary are easiest at getting into the high ranks at the end.

Just jump straight up (the cpu in the corner) and hit a weak attack if the cpu trys something...then combo.

Or just do either of those character grab supers cant fail to get a perfect or great rank with practice.

DuckKings hitting multi weak attacks then jumping knee seemed to never fail against the cpu AI either.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
To see Blue Mary's music jam video on SS..... just beat the game on any level with any character... pretty cool eh? You betcha!

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks, I just recently got it and havent played it much yet. It seems very similar to Wild ambition, fighting system wise.