Please help me with something...

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I need someone to explain to me how to do combos in KoF2k...I'm wanting some pointers. I also need someone to explain "Canceling" to me. I hear about "Canceling" into another move but, I don't know how to do it... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bryan

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Cancelling is just the Japanese term for a two-in-one. Like with Ryo, if you want. Jumping fierce punch, standing firece punch, cancel/two-in-one into a Tenchi Haohken (Heaven Glaze Punch).

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Bry, go into training mode now. select K'. now, hit C. a second after you hit C, hit forward + A. you have just done a cancel. If K's punch is quickly switched to a One Inch command attack, that is one cancel. Now try expanding that by doing what you just did,but directly after that, do a qcb + B. If you get "3 Hit Combo" on your screen, you have just done a combo. I use that one all the time.

------------------
-=NeoGML=-

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
hehe, I have done that one a couple of times now. very cool stuff. Thanks for all of the help that everyone has given me! I'm still wondering...are the cancel moves the same for all characters? K' can cancel out of a standing C into another move but, what about vanessa, ramon, and seth?!?

Bryan

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
go to http://www.shingohandbook.com
They have cancellability charts there. Otherwise, you have to experiemnt, or follow this simple formula, which works for every character, however (excluding Ralf, he has not command attacks), it may not work for every combination:
................................./Special
............/-Command Attack
Standard*....................\-DM/SDM
........\...\-Special
.........\-DM/SDM
Legend:
Standard- Standard attack, A,B,C,D (standing or crouching
Special- Special Move
Command Attack- attacks which consist of a direction + a button. and example is K''s Forward + A
DM/SDM- Desperation Move/Super Desperation Move

*Standards can be repeated, before progressing through the chart.
An example:
K'
Crouch B, Stand C, Forward + A, qcb + B

edit: added the periods so that the chart wasn't fck'ed up.
edit again: chart was STILL fck'ed up.
edit AGAIN: don't even ask.
edit AGAIN!!: fucking chart!
edit yet AGAIN!!!: ARRRRRGH!!!!!!
the LAST edit: the final adjustment... ahhh....
biggrin.gif

------------------
-=NeoGML=-

[This message has been edited by NeoGML (edited March 30, 2001).]

FacJoe

New Challenger
Id suggest u dload a moveslist, then practice. it's all a matter of timing. some combos are fairly easy to do, cos the character has 2 hits in his hard punch/kick in which u can buffer/cancel a special move. once u get the hang of it, it would be fairly easy to do.

------------------
Look Dick Look. Look at Jane. See Jane Laugh and Play

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Another tip: Not all characters moves are cancellable. Learn which one are they, and their shortcuts.

For example, Clark's Close C is 2 hits, but you cannot cancel it into his DM/SDM after the 2nd hit. So learn shortcuts: HCB C, HCB C would result in Close C (1 hit), followed by his DM.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
Lots of chars have the (fwd+ weak atack) command. Is pretty comboable into almost every special move.

JumpD ---> CloseC ----> fwd+ A/B ----> special move (almost always works with the weak version)

However, it's not the same for all the characters. Choose your character and begin to learn about his moves. I highly recomend www.gamefaqs.com for further information. Is lots more organized that Kofonline.

------------------
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Tomorrow's not looking good either.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Thanks for helping me out! I'm getting the hang of it now. I can kick some ass with Vanessa...I love her combos

Bryan

------------------
gf_roomiwin.gif
"How come girls can't look this good in real life?" -Beavis