The Neo Geo Mascot??

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
OK, I was wondering who would be SNK's mascot? When we think of Nintendo, we think Mario (or maybe Pikachu now if you're really young). Sega, we think Sonic. Sony = Crash Bandicoot (if he was the mascot at all). Even the TurboDuo had Bonk.

So, SNK never had a mascot. Maybe because the Neo was the lone wolf of the gaming industry.

Who would you vote for as SNK's mascot? My vote would be Terry Bogard because he was such a ubiquitous figure in the Neo Fighters.

Any other choices? Kyo? Iori? Marco and Tarma? Anyone else?

------------------
jubeikill2.gif

"You lack dedication...try again!!"

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I was placing bets with myself on who would be first to break out with the dog tag. You were all over that one
biggrin.gif

I guess I should have clarified that I was looking for an actual video game character, like Terry. Maybe the dog is a hidden character in NITD....hehe.

A+ for effort DJB.

------------------
jubeikill2.gif

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
yup
he makes an appearance in
SNK vs capcom card fighter
and very early SNK japan ads
cant remember his name though..

------------------
animKasumiFromShiHao.gif

.................COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP!!!!!

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fran:

30801609.gif

This mascot also makes a cameo in the original Fatal Fury (as the taxi driver that drops Terry off in the intro screen)

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I guess Bobak, you can take that one step further and say that the little guy's face is on the "O" of the Japanese Neo Geo logo.

30801609.gif

Does anyone know his name?

------------------
jubei.gif

I

Iori

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yagyu Jubei:
I guess Bobak, you can take that one step further and say that the little guy's face is on the "O" of the Japanese Neo Geo logo.

30801609.gif

Does anyone know his name?

G-Mantle

------------------
vicecharge.gif

fetch.dll

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
His name is G Mantle, or something along those lines. He is a secret striker in KoF2000.

Bryan

------------------
fetch.dll

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Mr. Neo, Mr. Neo-Geo... both names are him. I don't know why SNK calls him G. Mantle today, but they must have their reasons.
biggrin.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited March 29, 2001).]

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Terry Bogard seems most like the Neo mascot. Hes the most immediately recognizable Neo charchter(at least to everyone I know).

------------------
mendou.jpg

-Shuuchan

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
let's see if I remember this right

I think G. Mantle actually was in reference to one of the producers (if that what you call them) of the games and the character was his Sig.

first I heard of him was when I dug up on old blue's journey code and it showed where he was at. I do not really think his name was Mr. Neo Geo though. I just called him that because of the sign he was holding, never saw it written anywhere except in the BJ code which the author assumed the same thing.

mrneo.gif

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited April 13, 2001).]

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I would be incline to think of Athena as some sort of the pop idol of SNk, with her annual costume change.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"