BEST flight shooting game for neo geo?

MyulChi

Goal! Goal! Goal!
which one is best among the aircraft-shooting games? is strikers 1945 plus good? did it even come out as AES? how come there's no price for it in neo store?

------------------
MyulChi.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yes I have never never played striker 1945 but from what iv heard from one of my friends here its the best 2-D shooter ever made !!! you can get it for MVS or you can buy a converted cart !!......

------------------
fetch.dll

MyulChi

Goal! Goal! Goal!
who sells the converted cart? i'll pay my fortune to get it

------------------
MyulChi.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
HHHHHMMMM I dont know you can maybe ask Shawn about getting this game or post it in the wanted forum......

------------------
fetch.dll

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Or just get the MVS converter and buy the MVS cart. Keep the rest of the money in your pocket.

S1945+ is the Neo's best shooter, definitely. Runners up are Alpha Mission 2, Blazing Star and Aero Fighters 2.

Twinkle Star Sprites is also a suprisingly good game. Don't let the girly graphics fool you. This game is addictive!!

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

"You lack dedication...try again!!"

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I actually liked the first Strikers 1945 more than Plus. Plus seems to be missing so much of the minor details and graphical extras that were standard in SNK's older shooters. It might just be me, but I think I would have liked Plus a lot more if it came out a couple of years ago.

I think the best shooters on the system are The Last Resort, Blazing Star, and Zed Blade: Operation Ragnarok, and Alpha Mission 2.

Last Resort is the hardest out of those three, it's sort of R-Type-ish in that you NEED to get powerups and not die, otherwise you have no chance of getting through the later stages of the game. There's also a lot of memorization involved with the stage patterns. It does have some nice graphical effects for a game so old though, and a very dark, appropriately grim sound track.

Blazing Star was a follow up to Pulstar and features AMAZING graphics and some very fast paced gameplay. This one plays more like a Konami shooter in that you can get through it just on your own reaction skills instead of by memorizing the stages/bosses. It gets very difficult at the end but the it's enough fun to make beating it worthwhile. I think this one has the best backgrounds and music of any of the Neo shooters.

Zed Blade is average, it's got a certain charm to it though and I got hooked on it. You might want to get a second opinion.

Alpha Mission 2 rules! It's a great follow up to the original ASO/Alpha Mission/The Last Guardian (I can't remember what the arcade release was called in the US). Lots of fun, cool scaling effects for its time, nice music, tons of powerups, pretty much everything you need. The size of your ship is kinda small and the animation on a lot of the things in it could have been better but the gameplay more than compensates for those minor gripes.

If you like old school challenging stuff you'll want to check out Ghost Pilots and Viewpoint also ^_-.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sadoanarcho:
1. Pulstar
2. Last Resort
3. Viewpoint

I like your thinking, but in the exact reverse.

------------------
"I read your moves like the funny papers"

N-T-M

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just curious.. I have never played Strikers before, what is so great about it? I am thinking about picking up a copy.

------------------
"I read your moves like the funny papers"

N-T-M

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
TurfMasta:
Think 1941: Counterattack/1943: Kai with better graphics and more detail. On top of this there's a variety of ships to choose from like the Raiden Fighters series and you can do a charge attack.

well,these are my favourites:

1.Blazing star
2.Prehistoric Isle 2
3.Aero fighters 2

------------------
I can survive everything,
even your naughty smell!!

Blazing Star is the dog's business!!!!!!
Its the best shooter I've played on the Neo!
Second is probably Captain Tomaday - A short and funny-lookin game. Them old-style plane games never really did anything for me on the Neo though.

------------------
Its not about logic, its about bowing down to me.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
I've only played two: Aero Fighters 2 and Zed Blade.

Aero Fighters is a hilarious gas, especially in two player mode. The pilot interaction is pretty funny.

Like Rasa said, Zed Blade is average; but don't let stop you from trying it. I love the game and the soundtrack is awesome if you're into game music.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
1) Blazing Star
2) Pulstar
3) Last Resort
4) Viewpoint

Andro Dunos is not too bad either despite a few things I've heard on it, but these 4 games blow it away.

gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com
jackal.jpg

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i HATE blazing star....

SO DULL

best 5

pulstar
sonic wings 2
viewpoint
last resort
aso 2

ghost pilots and....man...specially andro dunos...they're SO shite

still better than blazin star..

------------------
32116897.jpg

ShinGo585

n00b
Cut Ghost Pilots some slack. It's not as flashy as most shooters, but its not supposed to be. For its time and age i think its a great shooter.

Ibuki

n00b
Aero Fighters 2 is a blast, especially if you like playing with someone else. Not AF1 or AF3... they're still ok, but 2 player mode is restricted to certain pairs.

1. AF3

2. AF2

3. Strikers 1945

To be fair, I've only played Strikers once, and I've played AF2 and 3 god knows how many times. Blazing Star is pretty cool too, but that crazy button tapping nonsense sucks. Plus I just suck at horizontal shooters. Ghost Pilots is good if you like a 1942-19XX style shooter. Alpha Mission 2 I don't like that much, mostly cause you have to worry about shooting and bombing at the same time. Either way, those are my picks. The AF games just have a lot of cool characters and features. Not too mention some of the worst translations ever, which are pretty damn funny.

202lfo

1. Pulstar
simply the best!

2. Strikers 1945+
the best vertically scrolling shooter IMO. but i simply love the Psikyo Level-Design, wich is great for a vertical-shooter!
and thin of the great explosions!!

3. Last Resort or View Point? can't decide...
just perfect old-skool!

but basically i love *all* (ok, andro dunos is real crap) neo shooters!! they're the reason why i got my neo.

and eddy: i like AF3 a lot too because it's totally weird story and endings....

"the Blazers destroyed an evil organization by mistake"

Great!!!

LFO

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
I don't know guys, I have both Blazing Star and Striker 1945 Plus and I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with them. They have GREAT graphics and lots of cool powerups but with unlimited continues you can finish the game in one sitting. I guess this is the problem with a lot of the NEO GEO games because they were originally intended for the arcades not home use. Luckily, this is not the case with all the shooters as some of them restart you earlier in the level after you die which forces you to actually get good before you beat a level. For this reason, I prefer these shooters:

1. Viewpoint
2. Last Resort
3. Pulstar--too fucking hard to be honest but I will go back and play it again when I get a chance