I need help with combos...

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I always download combo movies from websites like "the white tower" and kofonline.com...but when I try to do things like that, I can't.... I want to know the secret behind chaining together moves. I've been trying to do this with K' for a while but I haven't had any luck! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Bryan

------------------
gif_47.gif
-Long live the Neo-

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
::throws controller down:: (not really)

I'm to the point where I'm gonna turn this game off... I still need some advice though. Thanks

Bryan

------------------
gif_47.gif
-Long live the Neo-

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
well, for starters, You should get an actual command list for the combo, that tells you the buttons to press. another thing is, some sequences don't work as effectively unless preceded by a certain kind of attack. For example, K''s C, f+A, qcb+K wouldn't work without the C in front of the f+A and qcb+K. and things like Iori's crossup move to crouching B to standing B (jump over opponent, b+B, d+B, sB...) won't work as easily without the crossup, but not to mention EXTREME timing. It's all about timing. I know it's real hard, but another way to practice the combos, or use them effectively rather, is to use/practice only a fragment of the combo. Like Iori's crossup combo i just told you about, I usually follow that up with qcb+A 3 times, and use a striker to finish up. you'll rarely get the chance to pull off a 100% combo, they're not useful in real gameplay unless you're the grand master at KOF or something. Using quick, effective combos works well for K', especially when you're playing hit & run.

Some effective K' combos:

C (1 hit), f+A, qcb+K
C (1 hit), f+A, [qcf x2+P fast!]
C (1 hit), f+B, qcf+K
B, f+B, qcb+K
C (1 hit), f+A, [qcf hcb+P REALLY fast!], Neo&Geo(striker)
B, f+A, qcb+K
C (1 hit), f+A, qcf+P, f+B

I'm sure there are more, i made up about 80% of those combos. For simple kinds of combos like those, just follow this simple formula:

Standard attack -> command attack -> special move/DM/SDM->Striker(only certain combos)-> Laugh at opponent-> defeating opponent-> writing "LOSER" on opponents body part w/ black permanent marker (preferably Sharpie)

Well, that's all that i can really give you, FAQs don't really tell you how to push the buttons, so good luck!

------------------
-=NeoGML=-