Magician Lord

new2neo

n00b
Has anyone here ever completed Magician Lord. I have a hard time defeating the first level boss. This has to be one of the hardest games I have ever played. Any tips?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
It's pretty easy once you've played it for a while. Yes, I've played it through. For the 10 years I've owned my Neo, I've only finished it once without continuing.

Are you talking about the mini-boss that jumps at you or the main boss by the lava pit with spikes falling on you?

All the bosses have patterns, study their behaviors and killing bosses should be easy.

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

"You lack dedication...try again!!"

B

Bobak!

Don't worry New2Neo,

I've also had the Neo for 10 years (plus 30 other systems), and Magician Lord ranks amoung the hardest games I'm still willing to play. The patterns do exist, but the later ones are pretty tough. I admit I'm stuck on the last level (although I bet I could beat it if I had the time). Its tough, but good practice for lots of other games on many platforms. Much like the Metal Slug and KOF series.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

new2neo

n00b
I did it!!! After having this game for 6 months I finally beat the first level boss. Not only that but i also beat the second level and reached the third level. Thanks for the advice. I learned the patterns and had the patience not to shut off the system after being killed.

Thanks everyone

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
I finished the game the second evening I played it, and I didn't play for too long. You playstationnewbies are too weak. That's why only very few games are produced that need real skill in gameplay. Too sad, because that makes half of the game.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I've been a videogame vet since the Atari 2600 days, and Magician Lord was just too cheap for me in the difficulty department. Having to memorize patterns and dying 1000 deaths isn't my idea of a fun game.

I like challenge in a game, but not the kind of challenge where damage and death are virtually unavoidable without memorizing exactly where the next enemy will be before it even comes on the screen.

My idea of a good challenge? Try Metal Slug X on level 7 or 8. It isn't easy; it'll definitely keep you on your toes, but it doesn't require pattern memorization.

Magician Lord is definitely one of the most overrated games on the Neo, and I really feel sorry for those who paid $200 or so for it! (Although if you enjoy it, that's what counts...)

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
This is unrelated but try playing Raiden DX or Raiden Fighters in the arcade (if you can still find it). The difficulty is so hard, you will leave the machine talking to your self.

The Last Blade on Level 8 gives me fits sometimes too.

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

"You lack dedication...try again!!"