yaton is flooding the market with fake carts

neotopia

n00b
to my neo geo family

I am really concern with the future of Neo Geo. I'm sure we all know who Yaton is, he has became the biggest force for distributing bootleg carts. Now he has created another Ebay seller's account and ship directly from China. He has made a career out of this.

I am not jealous of his success, but I am jealous of the margin he has profitted on each boot cart. I think, the cost of producing a boot cart in China is about 10 cents/cart and we pay him at the average of $35 + shipping.

I think its up to us to drive the price down for all boot carts. If you are not concern with playing a boot game, than lets just have one bidder per aution. We all know that Yaton have 1000 more in production.

If you have a better solution please reply to this thread.................

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
My solution is to buy a real cart for $35 and not to buy a boot at all.

I'm not interested in driving down the price of boots. Boots can cost a nickel or a thousand bucks, for all I care.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
i like bargins

hmmmm,can i have a link to his stuff?

i dont want to buy anything...i just ummm wanted to look?:annoyed:

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sounds good to me. A few years ago I made the mistake to buy a bootleg from this guy, but that wasn't noticable. Now you can see that it's cheap stuff, just look at the labels.
I don't mind that someone is selling bootlegs, but i do mind that this guy tells me: "yeah 100% original!!" Maybe we have to inform ebay that this guy isn't selling what he says he's selling. He has to start informing people that he sells boots.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
mak.gif

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
lol at anyone who bought a cart from this muppet in the first place :p

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
There must be 249302892384932 threads about this guy and his MVS bootlegs.

neotopia

n00b
I know about all the threads, but we are still trying to outbid each other!!!!!

remember ONE bidder per ITEM......... Please.................

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
The whole Yaton debate is lame. If you can't reconize a boot by the auctions wording, then you deserve to own a boot. I don't support the selling of boots, but Yaton describes them as 100% working. Duh...that means BOOT!

I agree with Southtown, just avoid purchasing boots.

People should stop caring about what other people buy. If Yaton gets under your skin, then report him to Ebay or report him to the authorities. Call SNK. :lolz:

JFlex

Marked Wolf
WTF! I just ordered a game from him, not 2-days ago. His ad on ebay says, "100% original and 100% working."

So, if what I'm hearing is true, I'm getting a boot :blow_top: Here's the link, it looked legit to me.....should've checked him out here first.

KPJ is consolizing a 4-slot for me and adding the latest Unibios by Razoola... will the Unibios be able to detect if it is a boot?? :conf:

Edit: Removed link....I don't want to promote his stuff....directly or indirectly. :mad:

Last edited:

20 Year Member
JFlex said:
will the Unibios be able to detect if it is a boot?? :conf:

[/I]

No, but you may see an error in the crc check.

Open the cart when you get it, snap some pics of the PCBs, and post them in the "Boot or No Boot" forum. Most of the technically-inclined members can spot boots instantly.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
JFlex said:
WTF! I just ordered a game from him, not 2-days ago. His ad on ebay says, "100% original and 100% working."

So, if what I'm hearing is true, I'm getting a boot :blow_top: Here's the link, it looked legit to me.....should've checked him out here first.

KPJ is consolizing a 4-slot for me and adding the latest Unibios by Razoola... will the Unibios be able to detect if it is a boot?? :conf:

Edit: Removed link....I don't want to promote his stuff....directly or indirectly. :mad:

No, you'll probably be fine. The ones that say 100% original are the legit ones, the ones that say 100% working are the boots. Those KOF 2003 kits are real as far as I know.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
68k said:
No, but you may see an error in the crc check.

Open the cart when you get it, snap some pics of the PCBs, and post them in the "Boot or No Boot" forum. Most of the technically-inclined members can spot boots instantly.

Thanks, I'll do that. Thanks for the post, Neotopia. I was literally on the verge of ordering a few more games from him. I'll post the the pics of the PCB for the forum's help in determining authenticity. I should have the game (KOF 2003) by the end of the week.

20 Year Member
JFlex said:
Thanks, I'll do that. Thanks for the post, Neotopia. I was literally on the verge of ordering a few more games from him. I'll post the the pics of the PCB for the forum's help in determining authenticity. I should have the game (KOF 2003) by the end of the week.

No problem. I'll be interested in seeing if it's legit or not.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
ki_atsushi said:
No, you'll probably be fine. The ones that say 100% original are the legit ones, the ones that say 100% working are the boots. Those KOF 2003 kits are real as far as I know.

:spock: I feel a bit more relieved. I'll post the pics once I receive the cart...just for clarification.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Yeah, if he says its an original cart, then more than likely it is. BTW, 100% original only means the PCB, you may wind up with a repro label or shell. I bought 3 or 4 carts from him, all original pcbs. If I'm ever in the market for crap condition MVS games again, I know just who to go to.

neotopia

n00b
I think you guys got the wrong message here. The original thread was not about boot or no boot.

Its about purchasing a cart from Yaton. My point is, if his auction has someone bidding on, do not bid. Wait for another listing. We all know he has plenty more. This way we can keep the price low enough to where its worth to own a bootleg game.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
neotopia said:
I think you guys got the wrong message here. The original thread was not about boot or no boot.

Its about purchasing a cart from Yaton. My point is, if his auction has someone bidding on, do not bid. Wait for another listing. We all know he has plenty more. This way we can keep the price low enough to where its worth to own a bootleg game.

mak.gif

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Word... I refuse to buy anything that is delivered in a Kotex/Microwave dinner carton.

billd420 said:
I boycott yaton, he's a shady fucker.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
neotopia said:

:crying:, does someone keep getting outbid when he tries to buy from yaton? just buy from his website instead, prices are about the same as his auctions.

btw: welcome to 3 years ago dude. old ass news.