King of Fighters XII revealed?

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
AOU for “Japanese All Recreation Machine Operators' Union”, will host stands showcasing some of the new games expected to come out later in the year from delevopment groups. In the Taito stand, people are expecting to see the first pictures of The King Of Fighters XII running on the new board. MI:A is also expected to make an appearence. This show will run for 4 days starting on the 16th of Feburary, through to the 20th of Feburary.

EDIT: KOF XII will not be shown yet!

Last edited:

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Lets hope they have something new about KOFXII rather than a logo.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Awesome.

Here's to hoping it at least has the same or better animation quality then SF: 3rd strike and MOTW.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
Here's to hoping it at least has the same or better animation quality then SF: 3rd strike and MOTW.

Better than MOTW, that would be cool.

3rd strike, is better animation even possible?? That shit is still unmatched 8 years later.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Seems that we will get at least *some* info. Nice.

I'm more interested in what new features the game will have, never had a prob with the animation in KoF in the first place... I like it a lil' more rough. :)

Phil ver0

n00b
Takumaji said:
Seems that we will get at least *some* info. Nice.

I'm more interested in what new features the game will have

I agree. But I wonder what else can they put in?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I would just take some info. on it at this point. A screenshot or two would be nice also. :mr_t:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I want more than info. I want at least some new character art and maybe some gameplay details. I dont need vids but gimme some art PLEASE.

O.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
I hope for good animations, too, but rather expect something in the quality of Guilty Gear or the Fist of the North star game.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
derboo said:
I hope for good animations, too, but rather expect something in the quality of Guilty Gear or the Fist of the North star game.

Sad to say, but I agree with you. High res means shit animation. Not once have I been proven otherwise on this... but that's because there's not a lot out there to judge. Hopefully this breaks that mold.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I wish it could look like SF III or better.

I also want reverse frames for whenever being on 2P side. This has been a staple long overdue in 2D fighters, and SNKP could so do it if they wanted to.

I'm sure it will play great. I was very impressed with how fresh, fluid, and fun KOF XI felt.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
KOF 98 Animation + High Res will = SEX!

I personally think GGX Animates ok, i'm just hoping it is completely redrawn and not just lots of extra frames that don't fit in right : See Kim KOF2000....

High Res would be nice but i am not holding my breath.

H

hermegildo

I'm not falling for Abasuto's bait.

Violent Ryo said:
I also want reverse frames for whenever being on 2P side.
That'd be an absolute and complete waste of time and resources.

I hope nobody ever tries to do that.

I don't see MOTW or 3rd Strike animation happening here, I simply don't think SNKP has it in them.

I'll be happy with the better animated KOF characters at high resolution.

I'm ready to be disappointed.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
isn't everybody ready to be dissapointed?

I didn't bother playing neowave , or XI , or bla bla bla

because KOF is .. KOF

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
I can't wait more to discover the new sprites... I hope some screens today, as we 're the 16th... but I think I can dream again :oh_no:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
hermegildo said:
I don't see MOTW or 3rd Strike animation happening here, I simply don't think SNKP has it in them.

Had they had a console with the horsepower to push it, I'm sure SNK could have matched or topped 3S back in the mid 90's. That's when they gave a OCD level to every detail.

SNKP doesn't give a shit. All the post-AES/MVS KOF's have been a sad attempt at nostalgia.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Abasuto said:
SNKP doesn't give a shit. All the post-AES/MVS KOF's have been a sad attempt at nostalgia.

That simply isn't true.

But this is not the place to discuss that.

Kap

New Challenger
I doubt it will be anything that will age well if they are going to reveal it this early.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:

have you played KoF XI? It's actually really good.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
BBH, that sig just drives crazy.... Nice...

So, are we getting updates tonight or will they start flowing tomorrow?