King of the Monsters 1 charge moves?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just got this game and it's a lot of fun. I pretty much have all the moves figured out and even downloaded the FAQ, but I still have one unanswered question...how do you do a charge move (projectile attack)??

I can't seem to figure it out. No button combo seems to work for me. Forgive my stupid question, but I have the JPN version so I can't read the manual. :(

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000052" target="_blank">LINKY!</a>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hmmm...that's strange. I do remember holding down A+B with nothing happening.

I'll try it again the next time I play the game. Thanks for the link and for helping me clear up this mystery. Great game!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well, it has been some time since I played it, and I did only ask about Astro Guy. I will fire it up tomorrow after I get off from work and see if it applies to the others.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I tried it on my JPN AES copy last night and it does work.

I found that you have to press the buttons (and hold them down a little firm) for it to register correctly.

Problem solved.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I love this game and now that I'm able to pull off the projectile move for each character, I'm able to get further in the game!

Any strategies on the later levels? I already read the FAQ, but I'm curious as to which character is your favorite and the fighting style you use to get far in the game?

Is there an end to the game? Again, I have the JPN carton version and the manual is in Japanese, so some of these are probably basic questions...