Hidden Characters in Sonic Wings 3

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I stumbled on this by myself when spazzing like I norrmally do (hey, it's how I find all the codes). I checked on gamefaqs and there was no mention of this, so I'm going to post it.

on the left column hit ABCD to release Hitomi, who flies a rabbit (yeah, a rabbit).

On the right hit ABCD to release Diabloon, who flies one of those round looking ships.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Excellent! I've been wondering what the code was for quite a while, I can't believe it's so simple. (I'd messed around with them before on an emulator thanks to a cheat someone found)

Fun facts:

Hitomi's Red Rabbit is actually the player character from the very first Video System game, Rabio Lepus. (renamed to "Rabbit Punch" in the US). Nifty little shooter.

The Diabloon flying car is from another Video System arcade shooter, Turbo Force. Wondering why the bombs end up being other a force field or a meteor shower? It's because that's what happens in Turbo Force when you pick up certain items. I've never figured out what triggers one or the other, seems to be random as far as I can tell. (in both games)

both those games are emulated by MAME too :p

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I realized that the code doesn't work when I play in straight Japanese home mode. :(

Maybe this is a dev mode only thing.

Gemant

Member,
opo.jpg

AERO FIGHTERS 3

some objects secrets (that can appear in sure occasions) are not
present on CD as the big fish

stage 8 (MARS) MIDD BOSS (BIG EYE) when it comes defeated less is
animated (lack some you leave graphical)

sonicwi37.JPG

curiosity

remembered that in this game there are 2 hidden personages: AKA USAGI
AND MACHINE DIABLON

the trick is explained here, but it is written in Italian

<a href="http://www.neogeopower.emuita.it/trucchi/aerofighters3.htm" target="_blank">http://www.neogeopower.emuita.it/trucchi/aerofighters3.htm</a>

Gemant

Member,
for select extra characters:

HOLD B BUTTON AND START BUTTON

IN THE CHARACTERS SELECT SCREEN PRESS DOWN WHEN the airplane (in motion) is in front, repeat this operation x 4 times.

(when the time is 0 press down for the last time and extra characters appear)

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Gemant ]</p>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
For what system?

For the record, my trick only works in developer mode.

Originally posted by Gemant:
<strong>for select extra characters:

HOLD B BUTTON AND START BUTTON

IN THE CHARACTERS SELECT SCREEN PRESS DOWN WHEN the airplane (in motion) is in front, repeat this operation x 4 times.

(when the time is 0 press down for the last time and extra characters appear)

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Gemant ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gemant

Member,
For what system?
For the record, my trick only works in developer mode. <hr></blockquote>

with this trick AKA USAGI and MACHINE DIABLOON is available on AES, MVS and NEO GEO CD SYSTEM

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
Egads, just when you think you know a game... :eek:

AF is a unique shmup series. Most shumps have the players playing them again for a better score, for trying to finish them in just one credit, or just for the hell of it. AF, however, is played over and over again just so that we can laugh at how CRAZY!!! the developers were!!! They took everything and maybe even the kitchen sink, combined them all together (characters, enemies, programming stuff, and whatnot), and called it a shmup!!! Lunatics, the lot of them!!!

I wish I was Japanese. Oh, to program and create such a crazy game... :p

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Originally posted by Gemant:
<strong>

with this trick AKA USAGI and MACHINE DIABLOON is available on AES, MVS and NEO GEO CD SYSTEM</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wasn't able to get it to work on homecart - but maybe it was because I was playing in Dev mode.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I wasn't able to do this on my non-debugged system either. :(

Gemant - which issue of Neo geo freak did you read this in?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I found it in the freaks, but I still can't pull it off. :(
I'm a scrub.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So, do these characters have endings? And who do they fly with in 2P mode, each other?

-Nick

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't know about 2player mode but in the pictures that I saw in the NGF issue Gemant pointed to, there are pics of them flying together.

As for endings, yes.

Kitomi is looking for her sister, after the 1st loop you find her.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I just got it to work on my MVS!

OK that code works like a champ, it is just tricky as all hell to do, here is some advice.

If you want to play as the rabbit use the left column, the other guy, right column.

Once you get to the title screen, hold down B and press Start. Hit down immediatly going in... then every time the plane rotates to the front hit down again. You will get the character at 0 secs... so timing is really the key. If you miss the first down, you will not have enough time... It works, and the rabbit rocks!

-Nick