Evo 2007, East, West, and North

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Yes! It's back in Vegas!

I'll be there, but not until the finals. Good luck everyone! :)

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
More than likely ill go to East, don't know about World, though...

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Evo South Added.

interesting that it's gonna be held during SXSW....

all games confirmed:
VF5
Tekken:Dark
CVS2
MVC2
SF3:TS
SSBM
GGXXSlash (kinda surprised and not at the same time considerint AC doesn't have a console release yet)
SF2:ST

NO SNK game again this year, no surprise there.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
anyone going to evo east cause ill deff be there:multi_co: cant wait

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
jeff bogard said:
Evo South Added.

interesting that it's gonna be held during SXSW....

all games confirmed:
VF5
Tekken:Dark
CVS2
MVC2
SF3:TS
SSBM
GGXXSlash (kinda surprised and not at the same time considerint AC doesn't have a console release yet)
SF2:ST

NO SNK game again this year, no surprise there.

I don't get it. Why would they pick Super Smash Brothers over something like Mark of the Wolves? Just doesn't make sense to me....

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
I don't get it. Why would they pick Super Smash Brothers over something like Mark of the Wolves? Just doesn't make sense to me....

Don't they only pick games that people vote for? And considering the asking price for MOTW I doubt it would get alot of votes.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
dubdubdub said:

$$$$$$$$

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
only game thats actually worth to play there is SFIIITS, the others aint bad (at least not all of em) but shit, couldnt they have made a better list of games?

aria

Former Moderator
One day one of these tourneys will have the nuts to host a Magical Drop III round, then all the unbelievers will drown in pools of blood.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
One day one of these tourneys will have the nuts to host a Magical Drop III round, then all the unbelievers will drown in pools of blood.

:tickled:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bobak said:

that includes olympic size and kiddie pools, bitches.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I want to go to one of these in the future. Right now I'm too busy with work and school at this year.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Don't they only pick games that people vote for? And considering the asking price for MOTW I doubt it would get alot of votes.

But don't they just use console ports for the competition?

In the past EVO videos I saw, it looked that way at least (during the TS comps)

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
funny you say that since evo north will being using arcade cabs and its a qualifier for a console tourney!:oh_no:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
But don't they just use console ports for the competition?

In the past EVO videos I saw, it looked that way at least (during the TS comps)

Yeah I am pretty sure they only use console ports. I seem to remember hearing about how some people wanted some games in the tourny but they would not allow them cause they never got proper stateside releases.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Evo used to be on cabs, now it's on consoles...lame :oh_no:

lordnikon

Another Striker
qube said:
Evo used to be on cabs, now it's on consoles...lame :oh_no:
Not as lame as having a cab breakdown in the middle of a tournament... I have heard one of the major reasons for the shift to consoles besides their portability is the fact that during tournaments troubleshooting electrical hangups with the arcade cabs became an annoying issue.

miamijoe

New Challenger
best n the west

wow man i can't wait i'm in who eles from the west coast is in come on yall roll out see you there :buttrock:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
lordnikon said:
Not as lame as having a cab breakdown in the middle of a tournament... I have heard one of the major reasons for the shift to consoles besides their portability is the fact that during tournaments troubleshooting electrical hangups with the arcade cabs became an annoying issue.

I have played in hundreds of tourneys, from locals, to Texas Showdown, and it's never been a problem. Maybe a button/stick change, but never anything worse than that.

That's a lame reason for the switch. Tourneys have been held on cabs since the early 90s, I hate the change. I'm sure some people like it, but it's not for me.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I was thinking the reason why they don't use cabs anymore was because of finances. It costs a lot more to transport and maintain cabs as opposed to consoles. Then you gotta think about having tech-saavy individuals (ones that aren't competing) on the premises in case something goes wrong. Sure, you could have them volunteer, but I'm merely being realistic (read: cynical). :loco: