The King of Fighters Nests release date

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-70-1a3w.html

Ships April 19th, 2007.

$49.90 USD

The King of Fighters Nests is a compilation of the following The King of Fighters titles:

The King of Fighters '99: Millennium Battle
The King of Fighters 2000
The King of Fighters 2001

I'll probably pick it up. Now if only they would give KoF 98 Ultimate Match a release date.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
'02 is not included. It's not not the box art for one thing.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It's a mistake, 02 it's not included as it doesn't belong in the nests storyline. It's already available on PS2 as a stand-alone game, and so are 00 and 01 anyway, although they were all (inferior) ports and in this compilation they will be (inferior) romz.

Last edited:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Didn't even notice that, just copied what was on play asia's site. Fixed it.

Kap

New Challenger
They'll save that for 2002 ReBout if SNKP can make it happen.

Kap

New Challenger
I meant a good ReBout (I thought I read about it a while ago that they were interested in making it, who knows).

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I have KOF '00-'02 on PS2 and I was pretty satisfied with the ports. I'll probably pick this up too.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I don't think I'm going to bother with this at all. The NESTS games are KOF's low point IMO. Just not a fan of the striker stuff...

Kap said:
I meant a good ReBout (I thought I read about it a while ago that they were interested in making it, who knows).

Like Amano Jacu already said, that already exists as Neowave. :P

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
qube said:
I have KOF '00-'02 on PS2 and I was pretty satisfied with the ports. I'll probably pick this up too.

eh?

ps2 ports pre neowave are really crappy

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Screenies if anyone wants to have a look:

Click me! -->

Looking forward to it for the 99 Evo port, which I did enjoy on the Dreamcast.

Kaz

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Plasia said:
How are they crappy?

Could you link me with some proof? Or just go through the reasons?

don't take this the wrong way

but

n00b

:lolz:

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
qube said:
They're not bad, good enough for ports. :emb:

meh
any kof port is sold for about 50$ over play-asia

for the same amount you can have an mvs cart that is original

Plasia said:
How are they crappy?

Could you link me with some proof? Or just go through the reasons?

this was discussed 9 thousands time
for the useful kofs (2002 and neowave):

2002 have strange input bugs in some combos
some strange bugs if you mash during character change
new BC cancels that can't be disabled with the arcade/arrange option
stun in practice mode after any combo
the pal version do a terrible sound while the dvd run
randoms that i can't remember right now

kof neowave have some little issues like simplified input plus geese won't yell 'deadly rave' for his dm but a stupid 'aaaaaaaargh'

kof2003 have some rebalances, duolon isn't godlon but it's not the original game anymore

2000/2001 are AWFUL i removed those 2 from my ps2 after 5 mins or so

orochi saga is made of roms
nests will be too
94 rebout is a shit (and the original game included is a rom)
98um will be a shit for fanboys who just wants to play eiji or another geese svc/ngbc ripoff (and theoriginal game will be a rom too)

Plasia

n00b
Thanks for the info.

I've been reading these forums (and SRK) since around 2004. I guess I missed the threads where it was discussed.

I guess I'll start looking for them on Neo.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Rengoku said:
meh
any kof port is sold for about 50$ over play-asia

for the same amount you can have an mvs cart that is original

this was discussed 9 thousands time
for the useful kofs (2002 and neowave):

2002 have strange input bugs in some combos
some strange bugs if you mash during character change
new BC cancels that can't be disabled with the arcade/arrange option
stun in practice mode after any combo
the pal version do a terrible sound while the dvd run
randoms that i can't remember right now

kof neowave have some little issues like simplified input plus geese won't yell 'deadly rave' for his dm but a stupid 'aaaaaaaargh'

kof2003 have some rebalances, duolon isn't godlon but it's not the original game anymore

2000/2001 are AWFUL i removed those 2 from my ps2 after 5 mins or so

orochi saga is made of roms
nests will be too
94 rebout is a shit (and the original game included is a rom)
98um will be a shit for fanboys who just wants to play eiji or another geese svc/ngbc ripoff (and theoriginal game will be a rom too)

Wow, I never let any of this shit bother me. You sure are uptight.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Rengoku said:

Meh, if they put the exact same game, the only way to do that is emulation (and the PS2 can't handle the neo that good), and people complain. If they port the game, people complain because it isn't the same game.

I agree with most of your statements, though. However KOF 03 improved a bit the horrible mess the Neo Geo version was (rebalance, buffering...), so not being like the original was a good thing. I also have both the AW and PS2 version of Neowave and I couldn't find any meaningful differences, actually all the extra stuff the PS2 version has makes it much better overall for home use.

The only PS2 port of a neo game I like is Garou (which isn't emulated, although I know it isn't exactly the same as the original (and I own the MVS version too). The previous ports of 2K, 2K1 and 2K2 were horrible in every aspect.

Last edited:

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
SnairDogg said:
Wow, I never let any of this shit bother me. You sure are uptight.

oh man, sorry if i like to spend 50$ for an original game instead of a fake one
then i like to play competively so, without having a neo, a good port is required

just imagine what third strike have been without any console support

i bought a neo mvs and carts when emulator bothered me with some laggy input and fake ps2 ports

now i enjoy the power of the original..

Amano Jacu said:
Meh, if they put the exact same game, the only way to do that is emulation (and the PS2 can't handle the neo that good), and people complain. If they port the game, people complain because it isn't the same game.

the only one who don't complain are those kids that can't understand the word 'original'
ps2 can't emulate but they did great jobs with SFIII:3s and kof XI with arcade perfect ports
what they only do is picking a rom then burn into any dvd claiming omg the new kof collection

god bless emule so i can try and stay away from certain shit

'cause i think you like 3d backgrounds that fit perfectly with kof characters sprites?
yeah

I agree with most of your statements, though. However KOF 03 improved a bit the horrible mess the Neo Geo version was (rebalance, buffering...), so not being like the original was a good thing. I also have both the AW and PS2 version of Neowave and I couldn't find any meaningful differences, actually all the extra stuff the PS2 version has makes it much better overall for home use.

ports are really useful for addons like practice mode..i miss them in the aw version of the game (however kofxi have at least a vs mode)
but i told that neowave is good..i complain only geese's deadly rave without his speech
and i dislike ripoffs from other games
geese is in every fucking port..why they don't put in the original game?
they had to wait xi to respawn eiji?
why they didn't put in xi mai, robert tung?just for the sake to rip them off ngbc?

kof2k3 yes can be rebalanced and with some fixes..but still isn't the original version
that hardcore players like me like to have instead of getting a cart that can cost 1000$

plus i want to throw in the fact that kof is an underrated game -also- due to crappy ports (in addition to other developers missings)
games like kof98 deserve more love at least the same as 3s but it don't have a decent platform..do you remember the ps1 port with crappy frameskip?horrible loading?
but until 98UM you don't have any decent chance to play on a console

kof will be forever shadowed by street fighter..

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Who cares about Geese in Neowave? That disgrace of a sprite rip-off from AoF2 totally broke the VS game, even if it's powered down from the boss version. I would have been happy if they had removed him from the PS2 port.

About 2K3, as I said I'd rather have an improved version than the original, and anyway it can be had for like 20$ brand new MVS kit for those who care. I hate the game either way, KOF XI is what 2K3 should have been.

And I still agree with the rest of your statements, for some reason the Neo Geo games have never been port-friendly, but at least some people could play them in all its glory at home (first paying a fortune in AES, now for dirt cheap in MVS), and still have the emus for all the rom whores out there.

Yes, thanks to this Capcom games are more popular overall. We'll have to live with it. It's another consequence of SNK sticking for 15 fucking years to the same hardware.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
99 version is the Dreamcast Evolution one

So... it won't be full emulation at all

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
Amano Jacu said:
Who cares about Geese in Neowave? That disgrace of a sprite rip-off from AoF2 totally broke the VS game, even if it's powered down from the boss version. I would have been happy if they had removed him from the PS2 port.

oh, listen to me
geese is the very last problem in kof neowave..

About 2K3, as I said I'd rather have an improved version than the original, and anyway it can be had for like 20$ brand new MVS kit for those who care. I hate the game either way, KOF XI is what 2K3 should have been.

in the kof section i was pointing to 'kofs are 11 half games'
'cause snk, snkp and whatever never care to make kind of a complete game..every fucking kof have serious lacks, balance, sprites copy&paste and a lot of things that could have been in the final game but for some unknown reasons are hidden in the cart and not used

a last word on ports, yes, you can have a rebalanced version to play at home..but this will never be considered 'real' from competitors so you have a playable game that is hardly accessible to everyone and a port that everyone have that isn't the played/playable game

Yes, thanks to this Capcom games are more popular overall. We'll have to live with it. It's another consequence of SNK sticking for 15 fucking years to the same hardware.

sadly true..but new hardware should start where neo geo have stopped..
an atomiswave cart that costs 1000$ on launch can't be so incomplete, for neowave they gave a code for some extra charas that could have been there without cheats and no vs mode nor practice hidden in bios
they did a better job with xi putting a vs mode bios selectable but still isn't home friendly
oh man we all know why we love the old aes/mvs system

you can still say 'oh for practice mode and other stupid addons you can always wait for ps2 port, and the one made is really good arcade perfect with vs and practice mode'

yes ok but xi on ps2 arrived when XII was already in the air plus still no USA/EUROPE release
so you have to buy a jap ps2 and a jap game or emule some rips