MVS: Difference Between Boot and Original

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is there any difference in the way the game looks during gameplay or plays compared to an original?

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Depends on the boot, there are some strictly boot games out there like the Metal Slug 6 hack...That said, I have only played two bootleg carts, both of which had audio, and graphical issues.....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
N80G80 said:
Depends on the boot, there are some strictly boot games out there like the Metal Slug 6 hack...That said, I have only played two bootleg carts, both of which had audio, and graphical issues.....

The reason why I asked was becasue I purchased a shamsho 5 Boot MVS and it plays just like the original. I mean the person who I ordered it off on ebay, does not know whether it is a boot or not. But to me it looks to clean to be an original. It's like brand new.

Last edited:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
some boots do work, but odds are at sometime or another you will have problems.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
RAZO said:
The reason why I asked was becasue I purchased a shamsho 5 Boot MVS and it plays just like the original. I mean the person who I ordered it off on ebay, does not know whether it is a boot or not. But to me it looks to clean to be an original. It's like brand new.

Play it ,beat all the characters and LMK what happens.

I have a shamsho 5 Boot MVS too..After I beat all the characters(one player fighting,winning each match) and what I figure I should get some type of ending sequence the game just goes to a blank screen and stays like that...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
chris1 said:
Play it ,beat all the characters and LMK what happens.

I have a shamsho 5 Boot MVS too..After I beat all the characters(one player fighting,winning each match) and what I figure I should get some type of ending sequence the game just goes to a blank screen and stays like that...

Will do, I'll let u know what happens.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
PLayed the whole game through on level 1. Got a scrolling credits screen and then it asks me for my initials and it gives me the time it took to beat the game. Is that whats suppose to happen?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
RAZO said:
PLayed the whole game through on level 1. Got a scrolling credits screen and then it asks me for my initials and it gives me the time it took to beat the game. Is that whats suppose to happen?

I guess so...I'll be honest I don't really know for sure,but that sounds right compared to other Neo Games..

Mine doesn't do that..Mines truly a POS boot..(was comparing yours to mine-yours seems to be a good working boot.)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
chris1 said:
I guess so...I'll be honest I don't really know for sure,but that sounds right compared to other Neo Games..

Mine doesn't do that..Mines truly a POS boot..(was comparing yours to mine-yours seems to be a good working boot.)

Yea, it plays fine. I also have a sengoku 3 boot. And at the charachter selection screen I am able to pick between 6 charachters instead of 4. It doesn't bother me, but the sengoku 2 versions I played only let you pick 4.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just finished beating sengoku 3 all the way through and that played fine also.

Last edited: